Wave maker recommendations

HDIII

I'm looking for some quality reliable wavemaker recommendations for my 75gal tank. I'm currently running the Current USA Loop system and have enjoyed the user-friendliness of it. I like how I can control my lights and pumps with a remote. However I now have a second wave maker failure. The first one failed at a year and one month and the second one has now failed at a year and 3 months. They have also gone up in price significantly within that year time frame. I'm not worried about price but would like to get more than a year out of them. 

I just bought a Maxspect Gyre XF350 Standard Unit Package. I have not installed it yet, but from my research it is supposedly quieter than the Icecaps. But you gotta get the new 300 series. The new  300 series are quieter and easier to clean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I've also looked at the most recent Gyres (300's) and they do appear to be far more sturdy and easier to maintain. I ended up getting a replacement 200 (on close out) only because they are not compatible with the 300 series. Running two gyres and tossing a good unit and all the spare components seemed wasteful. I just hope this unit lasts for several years.