Reef-Pi

Jtroutt19

Has anyone else built one of these? 

I currently have temp, ph, 8 outlets, and control of my lights. 

Will be building a dosing setup soon as well 

this picture is missing the ph probe and board that goes along with it. Im actually surprised i do not have an updated picture. 
And of course the lid is off of my project box here because i was doing some work on it. 

D226DEFC-9E30-4633-87DB-D82A6C0F9DBD.jpeg

So minus the time put in prolly $250-300. The PH board was assembled by me so that drove cost down on that. The raspberry pi is basically 50 bucks. Those are the two most expensive pieces. 

I had alot of the connectors and wire on hand as well due to my other hobbies so i didnt count that into the expense either. 

All in all i am happy with it. And the creator Ranjib is super active with the project and has been for a while. There are a couple other people working on it as well.

there has been a full size board designed by one guy for smaller tanks. If you are willing to put the time and frustration into it its awesome. But there is a learning curve for sure. 

That said everyone is more than happy to help on reef2reef. I would suggest if you or anyone wants to build one make a build thread on reef2reef. 

image.jpg

On 7/10/2019 at 8:08 AM, ryansweet said:

I’ve been looking into this as well. Do you know if it runs the same on every version (newer pi’s mostly) pi that is available? 

So if I understand correct you are asking if reef-pi runs on every raspberry pi version? It requires the pi zero or the pi 3. Wont work on older raspberry pi’s. 

Alot of people use the smaller pi zero and its runs just fine. I use the 3 B+ model. 

• 6 months later...