rhwimmers

All Items related to 2020 Frag Swap

INDMAS is pleased to announce that the 2020 Frag Swap will be Saturday March 14th at the Hendricks County Fairgrounds 1900 East Main Street, Danville IN from 12-4

Over the past year the club has been hard at work to bring you one of the top swaps in the Midwest. There are multiple threads in this forum that should answer a lot of your questions. If you do not find it please ask.

Returning again as our Platinum Event Sponsor The Reef

Platinum Sponsors this year are Reef Hobbyist Magazine and Coral Magazine

We will be offering early entry for those attending our speaker session (to be announced)

And did I mention fabulous vendors a wide variety of vendors, The Reef, Cobalt, Fritz, Neptune, Aquarium World, Premium Aquatics, Modern Aquatix, Zoanthid Garden, Aznutty's saltwater connection, Eye Candy Coral. Summit City Corals, Blue Line Coral, Simply Saltwater Aquatics, Salty Ceramics, Coral Savers, Mermaids Cove, Whitlyn Aquatics, Underwater Gardeners, Just Pretty Corals, Two Crafty Clowns, Fragcration, Goat Corals

Free frag supplied by the club for new members for the first 60 new members

Free admission for club member otherwise a low $5 for admittance

Membership is just $21 a year

We will have a fast in admission line for members so if you are thinking about joining or renewing doing so in advance will save you time look for the member thread within this section. (Deadline is Saturday March 7th)

Food Truck available

I forgot to mention fabulous raffle prizes: Besides the grand prize of a Trident with controller and DOS, 4 stage RODI, Carib Sea rocks, Coral Magazine, Frag saw, Carbon, Salt, Aqueon sump, T5 and Led , Polyp Labs Reef Roids, Salt Critters gift certificates, Santa Monica Algae Scrubber just to name a few of the items.

See everyone on the 14th of March

indmas reverse.jpg

INDMAS_updated_Flyer_Front_2020_Sponsors.jpg

2020_Swap_Map.jpg

• Like 2

rhwimmers,  how do I get more information on reserving part of a table for a hobbyist for your Frag Swap?

• Like 1

Our 2020 frag swap speaker is.....

The Indiana Marine Aquarium Society is excited to announce that our 2020 frag swap educational speaker is none other than the legendary Richard Ross!! 

You will most recently know Rich as one of the duo from the new Skimmate Podcast as well as the Master of Ceremonies for the MACNA banquet.   If you have never had the enjoyment of listening to and speaking with Rich you will not want to miss this opportunity.  I think many would declare him "The most interesting man in aquatics!".    

Richard Ross

Richard-Ross-275x3501-236x300.png

Richard Ross is known for his“Skeptical Reefkeeping” article series, his groundbreaking work with cephalopod husbandry, his entertaining and informative talks, and for managing the ambitious 212,000 gallon reef tank in the Steinhart Aquarium in the California Academy of Sciences. “It’s so great. I get to work on what interests me in a variety of ways; I write and speak about the practical philosophy of aquarium keeping and animal welfare in the hobby press, and I get to publish in academic journals. I get to practice the fascinating craft of aquarium keeping on a daily basis, as well as participate in various kinds of field work like coral sexual reproduction. Through it all, I have the ongoing challenge and honor of working with incredible species like pygmy seahorses, unique cephalopods, ghost pipefish and more”.

Richard was presented with the MASNA Aquarist of the Year award in 2015, and his work has been covered by Scientific American, National Geographic, Penn’s Sunday School, NPR’sScience Friday, Discovery News and Fox News.

• Like 2

Announcing the Grand Prize donated by our Platinum Event Sponsor

INDMAS BANNER  reef.png

The Grand Prize will consist of an Apex, Trident,trident.png  with 6 month reagent, a DOS+DDR dos ddr.pngand an

apex.png  

Look for the complete vendor list next.  Make sure to get your tax returns filed in time to get your refund by March 14th. You will need it for all the Corals, livestock, dry goods available from our fabulous vendors and of course raffle tickets!

• Like 2

If you have Never Been to a Coral Show Before Check out this Video from a previous swap to get an idea of all the fun that you will have. image.gif.09ad05dad45586e42bae9f1c66e122ee.gif:)

Vendors from around the country come to sell coral (much of which are the amazing brightly colored corals that you see online).

It is also a great way to meet old friends and make new friends that are in the hobby.

You will find the hottest Zoanthids, Acros, Acans, Chalices, Mushrooms, etc. all at great prices!

image.gif

c1Ll3Hy.gif

Here is the "Facebook Event Page" for the Coral Show.

https://www.facebook.com/events/473769459956803/

Click "Going" Under the Big Picture with the Black Background and Show Info at the Top of the Page to Let Everyone Know You Plan on Attending :)image.gif.c82b698ec9028150992c26c296dfc75f.gif

You will also Receive Updates and Reminders about the Swap if you Click "Going" image.gif.fbb0d69bae435bd0f4a70984c14953a9.gif:)

Invite all Your Reefing Friends Too so they Can Join In on This Awesome Coral Show image.gif.2890c2ee410477eac0479dab093c5d99.gif:)

4KTFv5r.png

EVERYONE Please Remember to Mark "Going" or "Interested" on the INDMAS Coral Show Facebook Event Page.

It will help us get a good idea of how many people we should expect to come to the Frag Swap so we can plan accordingly.

Also, Please "Share" the Event on Your Facebook Page or any Reefing Facebook Groups that you are in as it will Help Get the Word Out about this Awesome Frag Swap.

Lastly, Please "Invite" any Reefing Friends that you have on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/473769459956803/

Click on the Facebook Link Above for More Info.

A Few Show Tips for Both Newbies and Veterans

1. Don't Forget Cash. Some Vendors will Take Credit Cards, but Others are Cash Only.

2. Bring a Portable Cooler - to Store the Corals that you Bought In and to Keep them at the Right Temperature.

3. Doors Open at 12:00 Noon and the Swap Ends at 4:00 PM

4. Admission is $5 Kids are FREE too. Having the Exact Amount Helps Things Go Smoother at the Entrance.

5. Please be Patient with Vendors. Please keep in mind time is short and the crowds are large, if a vendor does not have adequate time to answer all of your questions ask for a business card or web address follow up with them at a later date, they are all professional and have great experience with keeping salt water tanks thriving but time is limited.  The chaos can be great at these shows.  The vendors greatly appreciate your business.

• Like 1

The INDMAS Coral Show & Frag Swap (Indianapolis, Indiana) is less than 4 Weeks Away !!!!!!!!

Don't Forget tot Request the Day Off if You Work Weekends :)

Saturday, March 14

• Like 1