November 2018 "Pay-It-Forward" INDMAS Meeting

Hi all.  The fall season is kicking off, hope everyone is enjoying their fall weather (finally!), football, and pumpkin flavored everything.  We wanted to get this months meeting posted a bit early to give everyone time to dig through their closets and attics. 

November’s meeting will be a “Pay it Forward” meeting where we are asking people to bring their misc items that they would be willing to donate to other members to fill those gaps others may have to get that last piece needed for a new setup, QT tank, sump, etc.   Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting but only PAID MEMBERS will be eligible to choose items.    Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Quick note on courtesy:  We will be limiting any person to 2 items until everyone has had their choice.  Please don’t be the person who takes good will freebies and goes and sells them.   Don’t think that needed to be said for anyone I know in the club but there is sometimes that one person. 

When:    Nov 10th 4:00-6:00 PM

Where:   Luis's house in Lebanon (Gonzo620)

1727 Jaques Dr Lebanon IN 46052

Tanks:   

Topic:    What to look for when buying used equipment and overview of some new technologies in the hobby. 

Door Prizes:  $45 Gift Card to The Reef, our Platinum Sponsor!

(2) $40 Gift Cards to The Reef

This will be a great meeting to clear some room on our reefing shelves, all the while helping another member.  I cant think of a better win win here club.  Lets dig out those items we arent using, that we know we won't use....and get them ready for a new home.  This is a great way to get more reef tanks in Indiana rolling!  

The items must be in working condition.  And something that is usable.  Please don't bring a dirty 10g tank with coraline algae all over it.  Do a quick scrub and that will give a better chance of moving them off your shelves.  I know i have multiple things I will be putting in a box for this!  Tis the season of giving....lets give the gift of reefing!

When we RSVP for this meeting....let's jot down what drygoods we are bringing so people have an idea of what will be up for grabs.  This is a great opportunity to give back to the club and to our members.  Check those closets and garage shelves and let's make this another great INDMAS event!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saveafishreef said:

Ive never been to a meet, so, do i bring food for the masses or drinks???

The host usually provides snacks...but with our expected turnout I am sure the host would not object to a dish this month but it is not an obligation.  Our summer social and holiday party are pitch ins though and a great time as well!

Raffles just added on the OP...check them out club!

We are getting close to the meet.  I know there are some registered club members who are interested in showing up for this giveaway event.  Let us help you start or finish your reef build...come pick our brains and see what this great organization is all about!