450 Gallon Wall Tank - build

The tank itself is a 120 X 30H X 26, or about 405 gallons plus a large sump.  This tank will be a FOWLR.  It'll be full of tangs, large angels, large wrasse, puffers, a couple triggers, and a lionfish. 

It's been a crazy year, it may be a while before I have a lot of fish but at least the tank will be there!

Equipment (will be updated):
ASM G6 Skimmer
5 AI Hydra 26 HD lights
2 Abyzz A200 return pumps
2 Maxspect XF250 Gyres
2 Jebao cheapo PP-20 if needed
3 Eheim Jager 300W Heaters
Bayite Temp Controller for the heaters
~85G Acrylic Sump

Most of the wall where the tank will be sitting will be covered in recycled granite pieces, and then white shiplap to the right at the bottom of the stairs. 

This is a pretty tall stand, 4 feet, in fact. 

22 minutes ago, MrsBugmaster said:

Congrats on the new tank! You do know that now you have to host a meeting next year to show it off!! 😉

Looking forward to the build!

Ha! I’m not opposed to it! I pretty much care for my babies alone due to my wife’s work schedule including most weekends but if someone is willing to help everyone is welcome any time! 

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Saveafishreef said:

Right up th road from you. He also has other big things. 

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2683745

They banned me from there because I disagreed with them.  I can’t even view it!  That’s why I am now on Reef2Reef and here exclusively.  I moderate R2R it’s amazing how different we are than RC.  Lots of great users both places though.  I’m just not a fan of overmoderating and abuse of “power”.  

Can you paraphrase it? Can’t even see it LOL!

1 hour ago, MrsBugmaster said:

NICE!

Thanks!  How are your angels?

Post from RC:

I have a My Reef Creations MR-4 Protein Skimmer For sale. This Skimmer is amazing! Best built skimmer I have ever seen. This skimmer can be ran in sump or externaly. Skimmer comes with a Pan World NH-200PS Magnetic pump.
Pick up Price is $450
Shipping Price $500

I have a like new spare for sale as well that I could through in as a package deal for $600 picked up or $650 shipped.
Message me if you are interested in pictures

3 hours ago, MrsBugmaster said:

Post from RC:

I have a My Reef Creations MR-4 Protein Skimmer For sale. This Skimmer is amazing! Best built skimmer I have ever seen. This skimmer can be ran in sump or externaly. Skimmer comes with a Pan World NH-200PS Magnetic pump.
Pick up Price is $450
Shipping Price $500

I have a like new spare for sale as well that I could through in as a package deal for $600 picked up or $650 shipped.
Message me if you are interested in pictures

Much appreciated.  I bought an asm g5 rated for 700 gallons I hope it does the trick! Haha

I bought what I needed but for lights I’m meeting up with a member here for, now I just need to get it in the wall and make some coin for some livestock!

:)

• 1 month later...