HELP - Jebao DC 12000 pump issues

Reefer82

Posting this for another member that can't sign in...

He has a pair of DC12000's that after a storm the night before last are just dead.  The controller appears to power up and will let you select speeds but the pumps are unresponsive.  

Does anyone have one of these that he could possibly bring his pump/controller over to try and see what exactly has failed?  He has a 240 that is on life support for now and trying to figure out what has happened because they both went out at the same time and have the same issue which seems odd given the controllers appear to be functional.   

He is in Brownsburg, not sure where he would be able to travel too but if anyone has one and can spare a little time for him to come by shoot me a PM please.  

Thanks!

I have one but would suggest he swap the power brick and controller between the two first to see if he can get one to run Very unusual to have two fail at the same time unless the controller or brick both got wet or a power surge

He can reach out to me at 317 730 7049 but I am in Fishers it would be quicker for him to log into amazon prime and get next day delivery if swapping does not get one of them up and running this evening

• 2 weeks later...

I use these but I don't think they function well as a sole return pump -- just not reliable if they're anything like their powerheads I continue to buy for some reason.

Replacement controllers can be had online.  I find that if they run dry for a few minutes they lock up, probably a protection (surprisingly smart).  I've not figured out what makes them work again but dipping in vinegar and banging them around and unplugging seem to work :D