• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Saveafishreef

Save a fish goes big or goes home

I'm starting ground zero. I'm thinking the display will be 400 maybe bigger with lots of sump. This might reach over 1000g total. Advice and help along the way. Here are some simple pics. I'll add in a minute.

Started with ro/di hook up. The line runes 108 ft to the water storage and mixing station. Our city water runs at 76psi at 80TDS it pushes it over nicely. While I was at it, I added a water softener and wash basin. I have it draining to my sump pump. This sump pumps it out to the road. I will also drain the the old tank water to this as well. I'm on septic and don't want to flood it out. 

IMG_0017.JPG

Edited by Saveafishreef
Too many pics exceeded 4meg limit

Mixing station. Tanks are on order from Kentucky tank out of Louisville KY. I ordered 2 @ 150 g vertical. I got them with out bulkheads. That way I can use 1" or 1.5" They will go here in my cubby hole. Yes I painted the pipes and the pump. I was bored. 

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

@Saveafishreef, I’ve always wondered, how do you go about rock scape planning for a build like this? For my 75 I stacked the rock on a tarp in my living room, but I don’t see that as an option for a build this size. Is there a plan you have, or just going to “wing it” once the tank is placed? 

5 hours ago, ryansweet said:

@Saveafishreef, I’ve always wondered, how do you go about rock scape planning for a build like this? For my 75 I stacked the rock on a tarp in my living room, but I don’t see that as an option for a build this size. Is there a plan you have, or just going to “wing it” once the tank is placed? 

Wing it. I did like how this guy did it. 

I have heard good things about the glue he is using. Wish I knew about it when I did my tank.

If i plan a scape it changes.  I usually have an idea in mind but basically wing it