Bond acrylic together for ten foot fish tank

23 hours ago, plantguy said:

What are your final dimensions? Ive built about 150 acrylic tanks. Hardest part will be a surface to build on, unless you already have a 10'+ flat work surface to work with.

Thinking 120x30x30.

i have a large storage area in the basement, hard concrete flooring might be about all I have without building something.  

Highly doubtful the concrete is flat and true enough, you'll most likely need to build something. During the building process, you will also need to flip the assembly as you go, eventually flipping the entire assembled tank a couple times for gluing, routering and finishing. For the tank itself, that size with top bracing you will need 1.25" material. Rimless, you're looking at 2" material. Drop the height down to 24, and you can use .944" material, which is cheaper, and easier to get locally.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:36 AM, plantguy said:

Highly doubtful the concrete is flat and true enough, you'll most likely need to build something. During the building process, you will also need to flip the assembly as you go, eventually flipping the entire assembled tank a couple times for gluing, routering and finishing. For the tank itself, that size with top bracing you will need 1.25" material. Rimless, you're looking at 2" material. Drop the height down to 24, and you can use .944" material, which is cheaper, and easier to get locally.

I worry I won’t like the way 24 looks on the wall. I may cut some cardboard to illustrate the size on my wall and see what I find.  Thanks for the help!