Best way to go fallow

splix

I'm contemplating going fallow for a couple of reasons. I think there has to be ich going on or something. No white spots, but their eyes arent perfectly clear and I see them shaking and scratching. I've ran prazi through the system a few times, and I recently FW dipped my regal angel and nothing came off so I'm not sure it's flukes. Usually I'm a big advocate of just let them be and keep feeding but this has been going on for a couple of months now without any signs of letting up. 

What is the best way to go fallow? I have a 100g rubbermade and a 75g tank sitting empty, space isnt the hard part. I'm just worried about having so many fish going into a new system without any rock and battling ammonia. I can pull them all at once and run it like a huge QT, I'm just concerned what to do while they sit and wait for the DT to go through the 11 weeks. 

Yep, fishless cycling on the QT first. I also like to add some larger diameter PCV pipe for hides, and add a light on the same schedule they are on. I usually also run Prime every other day for the first 4 weeks to bind any ammonia that pops up while the biofilter matures.

I have around 40 lbs of rock that has always been cycling and running, I just dont have room for it in my tank but I kept it around. 

I guess I could drop that into the QT while not running copper. When I run copper, I'll pull all the rock and just leave the PVC. Water change the copper out then replace the rock while the fish wait while the DT sits for the weeks needed. 

• 3 weeks later...