Moving at the end of year have questions

So I will be moving sometime at the end of the year/ beginning of next year.  I will be going from city water to well water.  Any thing I need to consider that would be different or need to prepare for?  I will also be going from a slab to a crawlspace.  I plan on putting it in the corner where 2 load bearing walls are.  Will/ should I need to support the floor from below?  This is a 200g 3'x4' tank. 

Any time you change water expect some things to happen, positive or negative.  Your TDS could be higher or lower, iron could be much higher and different elements will vary.  It could mean better polyp extension or less polyp extension.  I would also imagine your PSI will be much different on a well so that is something to think about.  May need a booster pump. 

Based on family with well water, you'll need a booster pump and you will go through more sediment filters.  Most well water will have a light iron color to it.

I would 100% add some support below the tank. 

I am on well water with very high iron and CO2. We had to get a whole house sediment filter( a blue canister on the incoming water line) https://www.amazon.com/Pentek-150237-Filter-Housing-Female/dp/B00BI4HXJ8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1501244667&sr=8-7&keywords=whole+house+water+filter

and a water softener in which we use the low iron salt. We also have a sprinkler system so our well pump has a bigger pump so I didn't need a booster pump for that purpose. However, I did have to get a booster pump because of the high CO2 in the well water.  I had to separate the RO unit from the DI unit and  run the RO water only into a container and degas it for 24 hours before running it through the DI. I use the booster pump to run the RO water through the DI unit. If I did not do this I would burn through DI resin like crazy. I was replacing DI once a month and that is for a 34 gal tank! This system works very well for me now. I use a "normal" amount of DI resin now. Yes, it is an extra set and takes longer to make water but it works for me.

• Like 1