July Meeting - Newport Aquarium Trip

I'll link the official signup at the bottom of this post, but I want everyone to know the information I've received first.

When - Saturday, July 8, 2017

Where - Newport Aquarium

PLEASE READ - We will all be responsible to get ourselves there and back home. Whether this means driving yourself and your family, or arranging a carpool with other members. There will be NO club sponsored transportation.

Aquarium Pricing - $18.99/adult, $12.99/child Behind the scenes will be an additional $13.99/person ($32.98/adult, $26.98/child)

*At this time we can only take 15 people behind the scenes. If we get more than 15 people signed up and paid then we can request a second tour time if done soon enough.

Hotel Stays - Until we get a solid number of people who are definitely staying I can't get a hotel to give me a for sure price. I keep getting a range between $100-$180/room/night. Once we get a finalized number of people who want to stay I will get a more concrete price and what hotel to stay at.

I'm curious if the behind the scenes tour is the Backstage Animal Experience listed on the aquarium website?

Backstage Animal Encounter description:

See the Newport Aquarium like never before.

Go behind the gallery walls and discover what it takes to run our aquarium. You’ll explore dynamic work environments from diver stations to animal acclimation areas.

Join one of our seasoned guides as they share their personal stories about the day-to-day lives of our fascinating animals, and learn about our exciting research and conservation efforts. Along the way you’ll have a hands-on encounter with one of our Educational Outreach animals and see our largest tanks from a fresh perspective.

All ages are welcome on this tour.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, from what I understand, that will be our behind the scenes experience. The young woman I've been emailing said that we may get a more in-depth tour then some groups since we are hobbyists, but didn't go into detail.

Link has been updated for access to everyone.

Still cant seem to make edits to that sheet. Slap together a form and it'll fill out a sheet for you and update the data.

Count me in for 2 Adults and 2 Kids, planning for the behind the scenes for all of us.

Not planning to stay overnight

Signed up! as of right now 4 for Both. I will know 100% for sure after I talk to my mother later today and get my son's visit to her house set up for the summer. :D

***EDIT*** Grandma is going to plan her visit around this trip! It all depends now on when swimming lessons are.

• 2 weeks later...

i will be working on getting this put onto the store for club members to purchase their tickets. we will need the money no later than 15 days out from the event i would assume. possibly 20 days out....maybe ryan can confirm later.

Looks like we are at about 28 people for the trip with the behind the scenes tour. That is if they can do two behind the scene tours.

If not...the 1st 15 people on this thread who mentioned doing both will have a chance to pay for their tickets and then down the line.

So until we get a final tally...lets leave the behind the scene tour to two more people ONLY. Then we will tally...pay...and go down the line.

July is around the corner folks!

bummer sorry to hear amanda!

puffdragon that should cap us at the 2nd behind the scenes tour of 15 members per tour.

IF for some reason we are only able to do 1x behind the scenes tour, the first 15 members will have a chance to pay. then down the line etc...

we are wrapping up some info from Newport and will be ready for members to purchase the tickets...and have their spots reserved. Will update the thread here with any info we can soon!

I have to bow out of this. I found out my eldest daughter is getting married next year and I have to save every penny I can. Plus my mom decided this was the weekend for the engagement party. Since my daughter lives up with her I have to play by her rules. so that opens up 4 slots.
I'm really sad but also really excited for her!