NUVO Fusion 10 Nano build.

19 minutes ago, ReefNewby82 said:

Nice pics sir!  What do you use for these?   Thanks for stopping by...maybe your youngest daughter can teach me how to floss like the cool kids next time 😜

Never. Stops. Moving.  🤪

thanks!  I am using an IPhone XR with the Polyplab Lens I got from @Gonzo620

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hope everyone is staying safe out there.    

Nothing new is going on with the tank.   Had some cyano issues a couple weeks back, and upped the flow to get rid of it.  The additional flow really pissed off the acans and sadly I have lost them.   The cyano took out the rainbow hornets too, which was a bummer, but life goes on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tank is starting to show some consistent growth.   The SPS trial run is doing better than I thought, but no intention of adding anymore to this tank.   Only issue is with the Yellow favia.  Its been receding quite a bit over the past few weeks.  Had some cyano issues and I think it effected it the most.   

This tank is stocked with mostly frags from members of this club.  There are only a few frags in this tank that have been bought at swaps that continue to grow and be happy.   That is special to me because it really says we have a great group of members here, and their frags are great quality!   

On that note, I hope everyone is continuing to be safe, and healthy.   

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up a haul of corals, rock, and a new media basket last week.  From a local reefer and from Modern Aquatix.    

I believe I'm dealing with a diatom issue here. I do not get any film on the glass overnight but during the day I do. I have been advised to just keep doing waterchanges and it should pass in time. I also have a couple spots of GHA that I'm going to dab some Hydrogen Peroxide on during my next water change. Hopefully that will kill it off.   I'm running chemi-pure blue in my media basket, but I have also added some carbon and phosphate pads in the basket to try and combat this issue.   

Lost by beautiful ORA birdsnest last week too. Accidentally dropped it onto the hammer coral over the weekend and was going to frag off the good pieces, but it was gone before I got home the next day. Dang bummer as it was beautiful, but it is what it is I guess.   I've also lost the Red Digi that was growing so well.  Not sure what happened with it, but I'm going to try one more time with a bubblegum digi eventually.

Well here are a couple newer photos of the tank. I've placed the corals and also put in some more rock. The new rock and gives me a little more room to add a few more corals in the future.   

Oh and here is an updated coral list:

Yellow Hammer (meshed into a green 🤷‍♂️ )
Splatter Hammer
Date Night Paly's
Cornbred Rainbow Infusion Paly's
Rasta Zoa
Fruit Loop Zoa
Gorilla Nipple Zoa’s
Scrambled Egg's Zoa's
JF Fairy Tale Zoa's
Utter Chaos Zoa's
Rainbow Incinerator Zoa's
Purple Rhodactus Mushroom
Green/Purple Rhodactus Mushroom
Pink/Purple Yuma Mushroom
Candy Cane Coral Colony
Purple Gorgs
Pink Blasto
Jack-O-Lantern Lepto
Bejewled Favia
Unnamed Yellow Favia
Tyree Neon Green Toadstool (Long Polyp)
Neon Green GSP
Grim Reaper Torch
Rainbow Clove Polyps
Kedds Reds Zoas
Nirvana Paly
Gobstopper Paly
Mandarin Orange Zoa
Grandis Paly
Yellow Submarine Favia

15.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MrsBugmaster said:

Looks awesome, and about full, time for an upgrade! 😀

Thanks.   Not full enough yet.    The plan was to upgrade, but I cannot find the tank I want to upgrade to, so this will continue to be the path I am on.   Its been up for 3.5 years, so whats another 3.5, right?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So this will most likely be my last photo shared of this little nano.  This has been quite the ride for my first saltwater tank, however lately have just not been as excited about the tank and/or reefing in general.   Still not sure what is going to happen with the tank, but I'm walking away from things for awhile.

Thank you to everyone I have met, bounced ideas off of, and to the club for giving all of us a place to enjoy this hobby together.

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Going to be selling off corals and eventually equipment in the coming weeks.   The time has come to move on.   

If anyone interested in jumping in line before I start posting corals here shoot me a text.  

317-946-4022

coral list:

Date Night Paly's
Fruit Loop Zoa
Gorilla Nipple Zoa’s
Scrambled Egg's Zoa's
JF Fairy Tale Zoa's
Utter Chaos Zoa's
Rainbow Incinerator Zoa's
Purple Rhodactus Mushroom
Green/Purple Rhodactus Mushroom
Pink/Purple Yuma Mushroom