Sumpheads 50G cube...

First of all the pictures are unfair. It doesn't look as good in person. This was my 1st tank project. This is sorta a progressive post as I built it. After all these disclaimers here ya go...

cube.jpg

After this I did a crude Euro-top. This of course before I finally build a router table.

DSCF0956.jpg

Stand in progression..

skinned.sized.jpg

almostfront.jpg

Kalk reactor I STILL have not finished!

finalabove.jpg

This one all together as shot from above.

It is a hair shy of 50G with a 20G sump. Lighting is a single CV 250W HQI 15K. Mag 12 circulating with 2-maxi1200s on a wavemaker in the tank. 60lbs of Florida aquacultured critter infested rock (love it).

Currently it is im shambles. I rushed it together, overstocked it, and WHAMO! it is cyano ridden. Soooo, it will be tied into a basement sump eventually with a large fuge and prop system. And allowed to age properly. One day...

R-

Looks great. Did you build the stand and canopy yourself? If so you did a remarkable job!

The cyano will eventually go away. I have heard that a Rainford's goby and a fighting conch will eat cyano. What are the dimensions of the tank?

Yeah, I built it all myself. I like building stuff as much as the hobby itself, but it doesn't make me good at it 8O . Though my wife HATES the messes I make. I am not at all worried about the unsightlyness of the cyano. I remove as much as I can and let it burn whatever nutrients it's fueled by until I get it all plumbed into my future monster sump. Thanks for the compliments.

R-