Apex Wireless Bridge

What Wireless Bridge does everyone use for their Apex? Apex suggests a Netgear that is on back order with most of the online retailers. It has been for the past month and I am wanting to get this set up before I leave for vacation at the end of the month.

I think that one is really old and not made any longer. They pop up from time to time on RC.

Could you just use a wireless extender? Most have ether net ports built in anymore. That or a spare netgear router that has the ability to be configured as a repeater. That's what I plan to do for my frag tank. I'm about to switch out my router for a new AC MU-MIMO one and send my old dual band one to the living room as a repeater.

I used a Netgear AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Extender I got at Best Buy for around $100, very simple to set up and has not resulted in a loss of connection to date. I was surprised how easy it was to set up. It's the White one that plugs into an outlet and comes with a single Gigabit Ethernet port. I know there is a black model with the same model #, but I would make sure it is the one that plugs directly into an outlet.

Yeah that'd work too. My only issue with those is they are huge and take a hunk out of your power strip for just the one device

I have a small power strip just for the bridge as I don't want it plugged in to my power apex bar.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I ordered the Netgear Extender that plugs into a wall outlet. It has the RJ45 connection on the bottom to hard wire into the Apex Module. The problem I am having is the IP address changes throughout the day. I have other wireless devices in my house (thermostat, cameras, alarm, etc) and I have no problem accessing them day after day. Once the IP Address on the Netgear changes, I can no longer access Apex through the App or a computer. Any idea how to solve this?

• 2 weeks later...

You OIP

I ordered the Netgear Extender that plugs into a wall outlet. It has the RJ45 connection on the bottom to hard wire into the Apex Module. The problem I am having is the IP address changes throughout the day. I have other wireless devices in my house (thermostat, cameras, alarm, etc) and I have no problem accessing them day after day. Once the IP Address on the Netgear changes, I can no longer access Apex through the App or a computer. Any idea how to solve this

Your IP shouldn't be changing all day. You have a renew IP automatically feature but those are still good for a week and when it autorenews it is usually the same IP assigned to all devices. Look at your main router and see what you have your IP set up for in the renew section. I can turn my router off and pull the plug and the IP will still remain the same.