Adam and Brittany's 170 Rimless

Looks great! What you going to move water with and what lighting?

I have the Gyre in my current tank so I was planning to move it over and add an MP40. I may go with 2 MP40's and the Gyre to get more flow. Will have to wait and see how it looks once I get everything moved over.

Lighting will be a 5' Hamilton Cebu Sum with 3 MH and 4-80 Watt T5. I am also going to attach a 4' Reef Brite LED strip to the back of the fixture for moon lighting. I like to be able to see into my tank at night.

• Like 1

I have the Gyre in my current tank so I was planning to move it over and add an MP40. I may go with 2 MP40's and the Gyre to get more flow. Will have to wait and see how it looks once I get everything moved over.

Lighting will be a 5' Hamilton Cebu Sum with 3 MH and 4-80 Watt T5. I am also going to attach a 4' Reef Brite LED strip to the back of the fixture for moon lighting. I like to be able to see into my tank at night.

I have the 3' Hamilton Cebu Sun & I'm very happy with it. Mine has moonlights on each end. Do they not come with moonlights anymore?

I took some more pictures of how I did the drain last night. I also added unions to all of my drain lines. To get the piping below the 2x8 and into the holes in the sump, I had to use some silicone tubing. It took a lot of small cuts to make it fit right but eventually it worked well. I am only using it on my emergency and my open. My full is all hard plumbed.

IMG_4475_zpshvx6tgni.jpg

IMG_4473_zpsg3zmy0ou.jpg

IMG_4472_zpsklv1mjxn.jpg

IMG_4471_zpsezcshxay.jpg

IMG_4470_zps93mse1si.jpg

IMG_4469_zpsxvp9emjo.jpg

IMG_4468_zpsvzalvsi3.jpg

Installed the ATO last night. I have been carrying 5 gallon buckets up from the basement daily to keep up with the evaporation. I was going through about 5 gallons a week on my 55 and now about 5 gallons a day on this tank. Please excuse the wiring mess. It is not complete. I want to get everything installed before I work on tidying up the wiring.

IMG_4476_zpszffpm3hs.jpg

IMG_4466_zpsq9wraoup.jpg

I had an HVAC vent below where I planned on setting the tank. I didn't want to leave it there so I removed the duct and capped it. I then used the open space to run some 1/4" tubing down to my basement where my RODI and water mixing station is. I ran 4 lines to start with. 1 for the ATO, 2 for the automated water change and 1 for something I don't know yet. It made it very easy to fill the tank. Again, excuse the mess. I wanted to make sure I had enough tubing before I cut it to length.

IMG_4478_zpsv6grobla.jpg

IMG_4479_zpserol4u5v.jpg

Couple of Misc Pics

Electrical Compartment - temporary mess of wires

IMG_4477_zpsp2xegi1s.jpg

Side view with the door closed - The front door to my house is just to the right hand side of this picture so you will be able to see the tank when you come and go.

IMG_4482_zps5y5rnadr.jpg

Close Up of the low profile Overflow

IMG_4483_zpslexr2mc0.jpg

I will be using this wire management from Panduit to organize all of my wires. I want to get my lights in first and get the wires ran for that before I install this stuff.

http://www.panduit.com/wcs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=Panduit_Global%2FPG_Layout&cid=1345564329023&packedargs=classification_id%3D240%26item_id%3DHN1.5X2LG6%26locale%3Den_us&pagename=PG_Wrapper

Looking nice and clean Adam! Schedule 80 looks good too :D

Thanks. I really like the look of the Schedule 80. Some of the pieces were hard to find and had to be ordered online but I am glad I used it throughout. IMO it really makes it look nicer.

Thanks. I really like the look of the Schedule 80. Some of the pieces were hard to find and had to be ordered online but I am glad I used it throughout. IMO it really makes it look nicer.

Past the looks the fittings are much stronger and can deal with much more stress. It gets pricey but what is not pricey in this hobby?

I am picking up my lights tonight. I want to hang them from the ceiling with some sort of stainless steel cable. I want it to look nice and have it hook to maybe something a regular light would connect to. Any ideas or suggestions? I want to try to avoid just using hooks.

Might not want something else to build but for a rimless I like "floating canopy". They look really clean and will conceal all the lighting you have.

Here's a thread with a few of what I was referencing:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2173806

Post 12 shows a nice looking one that looks super clean. Feeding all the wires through an organizer of sorts finishes it off.

DSC01436.jpg

Might not want something else to build but for a rimless I like "floating canopy". They look really clean and will conceal all the lighting you have.

Here's a thread with a few of what I was referencing:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2173806

Post 12 shows a nice looking one that looks super clean. Feeding all the wires through an organizer of sorts finishes it off.

DSC01436.jpg

I am not sure I want to do a canopy. I think it would block too much of what is left of the window. This does look really nice though.

Lowe's sells pendant kits. You could use the round base to cover your mounting points in the ceiling.

This is kind of what I had in mind. Just not sure how it would look. I was also worried about all the wires. I know there will be a lot. I was thinking of some sort of tubing to hold them all. Just don't want it to look out of place. But, no matter what I do, I will have the wires to deal with.

Since there is a light fixture hanging over the dining room table, I decided to try to match it. I went with chandelier chains to hang the lights and just used eye bolts in the ceiling. Nothing fancy at all but it got the job done.

IMG_4497_zpswkwzqauv.jpg

IMG_4501_zps6jquv2n0.jpg

IMG_4500_zpszgm362hj.jpg

IMG_4499_zpsfnnpbvwp.jpg