Anyone going to MACNA 2015?

Hotel has sold out in the past four that I've been to.

As for products, you need to check out the mindstream: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859739753/mindstream-aquarium-monitor

I've been contemplating being a backer with 12 month subscription on the discs. Revolutionary product if it's successful for our hobby!

If I do it it'll be the $1000 pledge because that includes the first year's disc. If you don't get those now they might be hard to come by at first.

Agree. I can talk myself into $495 without too much trouble, but $1,000 is a little tougher. In addition to the possible availability issues you mention, there's also a potential pricing issue, which would make the $1,000 a bargain.

Agree. I can talk myself into $495 without too much trouble, but $1,000 is a little tougher. In addition to the possible availability issues you mention, there's also a potential pricing issue, which would make the $1,000 a bargain.

Sorry for taking over this thread. They say the unit is $700-900 plus $50/disc at first until they can bring that price down. That being said it'd be $1300-$1500 that you are getting for the $1k. I'm still on the fence, if they had Phosphate and Nitrate it'd be a no brainer for me!

Sorry for taking over this thread. They say the unit is $700-900 plus $50/disc at first until they can bring that price down. That being said it'd be $1300-$1500 that you are getting for the $1k. I'm still on the fence, if they had Phosphate and Nitrate it'd be a no brainer for me!

No worries!

Yea, I've been following the thread and pledge from the beginning. It doesn't seem like they are going to bring in another 200k in the next week so does that mean its a bust and everyone gets there money back?

I'd like to go to MACNA, not this year though. So when you are at MACNA do you buy corals or just look around at everything? I'd want to take home some animals : )

Yea, I've been following the thread and pledge from the beginning. It doesn't seem like they are going to bring in another 200k in the next week so does that mean its a bust and everyone gets there money back?

I'd like to go to MACNA, not this year though. So when you are at MACNA do you buy corals or just look around at everything? I'd want to take home some animals : )

He's commented that if they don't get the backers it'll likely just slow down the initial release a bit.

I've picked up many corals from MACNA, have either drove it back, shipped coral back in cooler that I check in with heat packs, and I've wrapped SPS in wet paper towel and carried on plane. Only lost one coral (Australian torch colony) which got the brown slime and a 8 head colony died.