Fender Bass

blowfish770

This person that had the Fender Bass sold it to me as I was going to give it to my son for his birthday. When I got it the bass did not look right so I took it by a music store I was informed that it was in no way a Fender and was only worth $50 even after I was told it was worth $1000 . I asked for my money back with in an hour of getting it. HE WOULD NOT RETURN MY MONEY after much argument he would only return my money if he kept $50 and the frags I gave I AM OUT $50 bucks and the frags .

This is not good to do to an INDMAS Member so Buyers Beware

Wow so you basically gave someone 50 bucks and frags to look at a fake fender bass. That's not cool at all. Really sorry to hear that happen between members even. That's something that would happen off craigs list or the interwebs. But This Is Our Club And You Think Your Safe here.

• Like 1

I advertised it exactly as it was to me. I bought it on Craigslist and relayed the same information. I did not know that it was fake. I had to talk to my parents and was on the phone while he was constantly texting me. I advertised it as a custom buillt fender built by jax axe as it was advertised to me. I talked to the guy I bought it from and he will not refund my money because supposedly custom built means it can be any parts thrown together as long as something is fender.

The guy told me it was a $1000 guitar so I was trying to flip it because that is what I do; it's my unique thing to put on college applications (I'm 17).

This isn't something I could resolve instantly, I had to talk to the guy I originally purchased from to find out the deal, I do not believe I was in fault because I had no idea! Plus the guy still insists that it is real. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I did not mean for this to happen.

I did not voluntarily do this, I had no idea. I gave him back the money he asked for. He came up with and agreed to let me keep the frags and $50 for gas/mercy of getting screwed over myself.

I advertised it exactly as it was to me. I bought it on Craigslist and relayed the same information. I did not know that it was fake. I had to talk to my parents and was on the phone while he was constantly texting me. I advertised it as a custom buillt fender built by jax axe as it was advertised to me. I talked to the guy I bought it from and he will not refund my money because supposedly custom built means it can be any parts thrown together as long as something is fender.

The guy told me it was a $1000 guitar so I was trying to flip it because that is what I do; it's my unique thing to put on college applications (I'm 17).

This isn't something I could resolve instantly, I had to talk to the guy I originally purchased from to find out the deal, I do not believe I was in fault because I had no idea! Plus the guy still insists that it is real. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I did not mean for this to happen.

You just found out what trying to flip things for a buck gets you on occasion. Rather than burn a relationship with your buyer and likely everyone else you could potentially do business with here I would chalk this up as a lesson learned that things aren't always what they seem and you need to have the knowledge to make your "unique thing" not blown up in your face like it has.

It sounds like he asked for it all back originally but upon you refusing he went for what he thought someone thats trying to pull one over might bite on so he didn't get totally worked over.

Fraud imo is probably a little harsh, that implies intent. Having read posts in the past I honestly believe you didn't know what you were doing and bought a "fake", that and trying to do something like that in person is pretty ballsy and most people don't have the skills to pull that off because bad thing can happen in a hurry in those situations, especially as the $'s go up in any future endeavors. People get a little crazy with their money.

Checking with the guy who screwed you to begin with doesn't seem like the best resource for information to utilize in resolving the current issue.

My personal advice to save face here is just return everything you received as long as you got back everything you sold in the same condition and then move on and sell it the right way in a proper venue (reef forum isn't the best place for audio equipment not to mention it was in the lounge) with the new information you have and hopefully don't take too big of a loss.

See if your mom thinks that's fair.

That is fine, I learned my lesson. I will return everything tonight to blowfish.

How does fraud even work? Is there a way to get my money back from the guy I purchased it from? The guy insists that it doesn't matter because I purchased it 5 months ago on Dec 27th.

The guy I purchased it from is an expert and constantly sells guitars and works on the. Therefore he had to have known that it was fake.

That and 5 months down the line if someone tried to claim something not as described I'd tell them to take a hike. That's WAY too much time for things to be switched out, used, etc. 24hrs is about all you're going to get from most decent people. That's my personal rule in this hobby.

Expert in guitars or an excellent salesman? Sounds like more of the latter. It seems like you might have gotten an exceptional deal on it.

Remember if it's too good to be true...

Good to hear you're doing the right thing. It goes a long way to establish character in all things in life.

Unfortunately the guy who sold you the guitar sounds like he saw a young adult and decided to take you for a ride. In all honesty there isn't much you can do about it but complain to him. Nothing would hold up in court if you tried to get your money back.

• Like 1

Well that sucks, ohh well. At least I got this lesson now rather than later in life with jobs on the line or something. Just had a good hour talk with my teacher about it. Everything will be resolved, big mix up, did not mean for any of this to happen.

Sorry to hear this happened. Ive traded, bought, and sold with Brendan over the past few years and he has always been very honest!!! I dont think he would ever try to scam anyone in INDMAS. Chalk it up as a lesson learned!

We hooked up tonight and paid me in full I do not think he intended to mislead on the item. It was great to see that if one member had an issue WE ALL jumped in to help resolve the issue so this is another great reason to be an INDMAS member :) so it is time for you all to give me frags :)