Have your fish ever driven you to drinking?

Mine has!!

Literally! Haha

My Pearly Jawfish has been happy for a year, but recently kept getting dug out of her burrows by the other Gobies.

Twice I found her in my sump, after taking a waterslide down my overflows.

So, I turned to alcohol. Lol joking, but I found this small whisky bottle in my liquor cabinet. Perfect size for the jawfish to go in, and no one could ever dig her out of this.

So I just had to drink it.

ba37e218ac920c7f4f5927a2d8dc67ca.jpg

I first tried just burying the bottle, but she wouldn't go near it. So I epoxied some rocks around the top. To make it seem more natural.

Now here she is. As far as I can tell, she loves it. For most of the day she sits in the opening, just looking out.

It's pretty cool.

a244997eb0ef8759cc1b9ca3f0d16103.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That a good idea mrsbugmaster, I remember when I made a frag rack out of pvc and eggcrate. My Midas Blenny would use one of the PVC pillars as his home. Couldn't believe he could swim in head first and then turn around inside, would not have thought he would fit.

I chose the bottle as it has a tiny opening, so only the jawfish can fit, but after the neck, it widens quite a bit in the body, so he has room to be comfy inside.

I've done the same thing as Amanda but used an old beer bottle. I covered it in superglue, rolled it in sand(and rock rubble), then put a little sad in it. It housed a gold spot blenny and turned out to be a great pod haven too.

The excuses people will make to drink excessively. ...first step is admitting you have a problem!

^^^^^^ When this guy posts on my build thread it makes me want to drink....or at least order something from BRS.

He eats pretty much anything. Brine shrimp is probably his fave.

They are very shy, so you don't see him eat a lot, he just darts out when something floats by the opening.

I try to spot feed, but it's a catch 22, as if you spray all that food near the opening the other fish are going for it and the pearly won't go out to get it with other fish close by.

You just have to feed a bit further away and plan for the current to flow some his way. I try to make sure he gets some, but not so worried, I'm sure he's eating other things like pods that float on by his home.