Scott's (Msr224) 110g tank build.

Msr224

Ok, ok, ok.......enough harassment.

Time for an update. I really hope that you guys all read this today before I see everyone tomorrow.....geesh!

Sorry for the pictures with poor quality. I was using my phone and it's got major issues.

I picked up the stand from the powdercoater the other day after a brief stay of 4+ weeks.

Here it is on the powder rack and fresh out of the oven.

image3_zpsb2wxvazg.jpg

There's a little something extra in the powdercoat. It's subtle and you wouldn't notice unless you got close.

image6_zps9m4ku2dy.jpg

On the way home.

image8_zpselewevsp.jpg

I was so excited to finally get the stand home that I totally forgot to take an pics of unloading it or carrying it in or anything else for that matter. I almost immediately began a mock up to see what it's going to look like. Here are a few pics.

I've already taken some flack over the stand length compared to the tank. Remember the tank is 40" and the stand is 72" There will be 16" on either end and this will be covered by stone, tile or marble. The entire stand will also be skinned in wood this summer as I try my hand at actual woodworking for the first time. I may have to dig Paul up for a bit of advice and/or help.

The stand and sump are an EXACT match colorwise.

I'll go in to detail on filtration at some point down the road. I'm still 2 weeks away from receiving my new overflow.

image2_zpsujylovxi.jpgimage9_zps3d6zvyz3.jpg009_zpsr0ixy5ja.jpgimage_zpstwtpxfdw.jpg

The light that is hanging over the tank is a freshwater version of our PR72 and I'd been using it to give some light to the plants. Just for fun I slid the tank over to check the coverage from the light on the tank. It's only 64watts so I'd really need two of them and a bit closer but cool to see what can be done.

image5_zps3tomja2b.jpg

Dang dude...looking pretty slick! Love the color and the thought put into it. Guess that is expected for a set up years in the making lol...j/k! Can't wait to see the rest of this progress! P/M sent for another reason...

• Like 1

With a 72" stand are you looking to upgrade down the road

That is part of the reason that I went with a bigger stand. I like the 72x24 footprint.

Looking good Scott! Plumb it up tonight then you'll be ready for frags tomorrow?!?

No over flow at this time.......

I can't post pics of the overflow yet as Rick has asked me to hold off until Synergy officially launches it. However we can look at the schematic and get some info from the synergy site.

Keep in mind that Rick is the creator of the Ghost overflow that came out at MACNA in 2013 and the new Synergy overflow has some refinements and improvements. It also helps that Rick and his wife Vanessa are great people to deal with.

Here is a link to the product page. http://synergyreef.com/product/16-synergy-reef-overflow/

Synergy-Reef-Overflow-16-inch-Diagram-fo

Here's sketchup of the Return plumbing.

Everything is going to be 1 inch except the outlets on the manifold. They'll be smaller, so will the ball valves and nipples. Room for 2 reactors and an extra just in case......

Feel free to give me some feedback on the plan. Colors are accurate. ;-)

Return%20plan_zpsqnvvrn54.jpg