About ready to give up

I'm buying a valve for my skimmer waste line. Going to leave the valve closed unless I empty the collection cup. That way if it fails (which happens every other week) it will just overflow back in the tank. This should fix most of my flooding issues.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I'm buying a valve for my skimmer waste line. Going to leave the valve closed unless I empty the collection cup. That way if it fails (which happens every other week) it will just overflow back in the tank. This should fix most of my flooding issues.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Honestly skimmers are much more efficient if you are cleaning the neck 1-2 times a week so IMO a waste collection cup is not needed for your size system.

Well, the main hassle is that my skimmer doesn't properly fit in the cabinet so I have to disassemble it it to get it out. It's kinda a pta so that's why I had a large waste container. It's not ideal I know. Better planning on the next tank for sure

Wouldn't it be possible to install a float switch that's wired to a relay to cut power to the return pump in the even a siphon is lost?

Like Shane said you definitely need to look at the water level in the sump vs what will be siphoned in the event of a power puttage. Even w my 100 I can suck down a few inches of water in the tank and still not overflow the sump. It's about 10-15gal of water it can handle.

It's not ideal looks wise but heck even if you had to drill and install a 1/2" bulkhead into the side of your sump as an emergency drain to a nearby bucket or something it would be better than the water on the floor for sure.

Sump will handle extra tank water for power failure. Tank takes sump water if syphon fails. However, the ato keeps topping the sump and that's where the overflow comes from. I'd have to get a shut off for the ato if the water gets too high in the tank.