top 10 reasons to be a paid member ?

#1 reason is because it supports a local entity of knowledge. It allows all of us to be able to have a forum like this to go on, post questions, show off, get support, and many other things(I've made a few good friends from this site).

Couple other reasons... You get access to the buy/sell forums and some of the guys and gals on here give some pretty good deals to members that they don't otherwise. Also, at the meetings there are some really nice door prizes that paid members get a chance to take home for free. My little $21 has paid me back at least 10X since I've been a paying member.

+1 Ryan. I have gotten many $100 frags for $20 or less. I personally like to be a member bc you develop friendships with other reef addicts. It has helped me a ton personally on my current build, problems with previous tanks and even getting good opinions from people whom have been in the hobby for years. I don't know about everyone else on here, but when I do research online it can be quite difficult to decide who to listen to, or who knows what they are actually talking about. On our forums, I rarely doubt anyone because mostly all members are very very knowledgable about the saltwater hobby. Trust me, it's worth it....and let's be honest $21 isn't that bad when you get to go hangout at someone's home once a month a stare in jealousy at their tank! I'm still in awe at the HUGE tank we got to see at that doctors office last year!

Not in rank order but here are a few:

Full access to forum (buy and sell)

Door prizes at monthly meetings (do we actually check?)

Dues pay for one of the largest and best frag swaps

Support from members even though we do that anyway

Special access to discounts at PA and other retailers

Monthly meetings to hang and learn and be envious!

Access to club items (par meter, fish trap, moving cups, etc)

Group buys for great prices and free shipping usually

What others said above plus membership fees also help to pay for this site. It is not free! It cost the club money every year to maintain and keep this site running, like servers, domain name, back up files, ect. Without paid members this site would not exist. So $21 a year is a bargain for what you get in return. Sign up for a year and try it. If you don't find it worth the price then don't renew next year. But I think once you are a paid member you will see the benefits.

I can't access the store because I'm not a member lol. Can you give me the PayPal link please? Thanks.

Sent from my htc Inspire 4G

Sent you a text with the info!

And to the OP, pretty much it's all been said. It's $21 for a pool of knowledge filled members, an extra set of hands when you need them. I've yet to see a call for help go unanswered in the last 7 years, raffles at the meets are pretty nice as well. In the first two meets I attended I won gift certificates that were worth $100. Most of all it supports the local reef community, without the club the awareness of the hobby wouldn't be what it is today in my opinion. I'd have thrown in the towel long ago if it weren't for this and other forums.

Ok you all have convinced me I'm going to go and pay for a membership now! How long does it take to access all of the forum after paid?

depends upon payment verification and then processing and then the admins we'll start granting rights and privileges depending on what their workload is it could take a day or twobut just maybe you get lucky and they do it tonight who knows.

by the way welcome aboard happy to have you can't wait to see pictures of your tank

depends upon payment verification and then processing and then the admins we'll start granting rights and privileges depending on what their workload is it could take a day or twobut just maybe you get lucky and they do it tonight who knows.

by the way welcome aboard happy to have you can't wait to see pictures of your tank

Well thank you for the info and the welcome. There isnt a lot too see in my tank right now as im just finishing the cycle.this is my third tank but first minimalist aquascape and minimal equipment. Im leaning towards a digitata dominated tank