Jebo WP-40 Powerhead? Comparable to the overpriced Vortech/Tunze?!

I really love my MP40s but I just came across these powerheads that look like Tunzes and have a comparable flow rate of an MP 40 and controllable for just $85. They won't sync via wireless but for the hundreds saved on each powerhead, seems like I could deal with that. I would not mind having some of these in my frag tank and just using my MP40s and MP60s in the main tank.

http://www.fish-street.com/jebo_wp-40_13000l_wave_maker

I really don't have the time right now to read through the 61 page thread on RC about them but they definitely sound like they would be worth it....

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2259644

I'm hoping this and the market being flooded with DC pumps caused Vortech/Tunze to have more reasonably priced pumps.....As they are ridiculously priced now!

ive got 2 on order from the group buy on atlanta reef club. $65 each shipped. ill replace my mp40 and 4 evo 1050's with it. been following the thread for awhile. that one and the reefbreeder's LED light one

might be awhile. haha. but i will. from everything ive read, theres some fantastic potential with them.im hoping 2 hiden behind my rocks will get enough RANDOM flow to make everything happy, then ill sell the vortech. forgot how noisy they were. haha.

I followed the thread on reefcentral since the start. I've had 2 in my tank for a week now. They come with 3 different wave modes, a random mode, a steady high, and a steady setting. I bought 2 and including shipping they were $212. (they accidentally sent 3 though!)

I also bought a universal ac adapter for each (12.50/per adapter) that allows me to control the power amounts to the pumps. From the factory they are 24v and flow about 3400gph. I reduced that to 15v on one and 18.5 on the other. Any more and either the wave would spill water or my sand would get stirred up.

They are very quiet. I can't hear them at all unless I put my ear within 1' of them.

In the reef central thread they've figured out how to control them with an apex and a reef angel controller. I'm happy with how I run them though and am still planning on buying a reef keeper even though it doesn't look like it will control them.

If we get enough interested in this would someone from our club see about a group buy too? I'd be up for organizing it but I really don't have the time with the tank build, organizing the frag swap, and baby coming soon or I'd be more than happy to plan for it. I like the idea of us having someone that does group buys regularly and form a process, and each month or two months have a different group buy so we can all benefit.

I might be able to help out with a group buy, If everyone would like. I will send them a email and try to get particulars from them on quantity needed for group buy and shipping. I probably have more free time to dedicate to this than most, unless someone else would like to do it??

Looks like we will need to order 50 units to reach a group buy. I just replied back to them asking for shipping on 50 of them. The price looks to be really great if we reach the limit, if shipping doesn't kill us. Hopefully the guy on the other club that Pat mentioned is trying to profit from the club and it is not $25 per unit, to ship....

Here is the reply back from them.

Dear Shane,
My name is Wystan from Jebao,nice to know you ;
The FOB unit price is about USD40, the MOQ is 50pcs,
and the shipping cost will depend on the order qty ,and by air or by express?
The lead time is about 35days and we have one year warranty for our product,
thanks!

Sincerely
Wystan
Jiebao Co. Ltd.
Tongmao Industrial Park Dongsheng Town, Zhongshan City,Guangdong Pro,China
Tel:+86-760-22212304

Okay, I went through the post on the Atlanta reef club and seen where they quoted him $15 a head shipping from China to his house and then he was charging $10 a head to ship direct to members or they could pick up.

Hopefully we will get the same kind of quote and that would put them at $55 local and shipping to anyone outside of central Indiana, that is not willing to pick up. Still a hell of a savings over ordering from fishstreet at $85 + $20+ for shipping....

I have an interest from another site for about 10 so far...

Looks like shipping is going to be $17 a piece...

Shane,

The shipping cost for 50 unit is about USD850 by express,thanks!

Sincerely

Wystan

Jiebao Co. Ltd.

Tongmao Industrial Park Dongsheng Town, Zhongshan City,Guangdong Pro,Chinaj

Tel:+86-760-22212304