time to downgrade

when i said i want a modern look on my stand this is what im talking

does anybody know what type of wood is that? the one for the doors

If you want something that wont do alot of moving then look at a plywood or MDF. Only probelm with MDF is it can sweal if it gets wet for too long. I'd use a plywood personally.

You could do it either way. Some of the cleanest stands I've seen are completely removable with strong magnets holding them on. You could still do doors on the front but make the panel completely removable for when you need to do deep cleaning/maintenance.

Exactly what i was thinking

• 1 month later...

Love the stand and rimless look Orlando.

From the picture looks like the manifold is tapped off the overflow...Do you have an emergency drain should that clog? Kind of scares me to dial back an overflow when it just has one drain and no backup.

Love the stand and rimless look Orlando.

From the picture looks like the manifold is tapped off the overflow...Do you have an emergency drain should that clog? Kind of scares me to dial back an overflow when it just has one drain and no backup.

That is the return,is like this pump,manifold,valve and up to the return

The overflow is a 1.5" pvc no valve there

Not sure you can say it's enough unless you know what the components are...With the head pressure not including any fittings, elbows, and valves your looking at 700-750 GPH. Take away a bit for the fittings and I'd say being generous that's 650 GPH.

Depending on the reactors you use and what they should be dialed into for carbon/gfo then a more educated answer could be given.

I stand by my original answer unless your plumbing is rediculous. I know the tank, sump and pump and you will have plenty of pump to run the reactors. Unless you are one of those high flow sump junkies. You know the ones that wnat to hear their tanks slurping water from outside the house.

leak testing at the moment so far just one small drop in one of the union

this is what ive done so far ,put down my ceramic plates made by (the alternative reef) great guy to deal with,today i have to come up with an idea on how to hang my led's fixtures till i can afford the maxspect razor ive been reading alot on them now i just have to come up with the money for two fixtures

plates in place

IMG 2845

plates glue and gaps filled up with pond foam

IMG 2846

this is how it looks from the front of the tank i hope it will look better in afew months with coraline algae on the plates

IMG 2849

getting ready to place everything in place under the stand

IMG 2850

I didnt want to see the bareglass so i contacted scott from the alternative reef and asked him if he could do something to to put on a barebottom tank so i told him to make holes on the plates so i can put frag plugs it should look nice once the corals start to grow on the plates

And yes they broke while heating so he did not charge me for them so i bought other stuff from him to make it up for his time