New Build - Katrina's (Hooked) 80 gallon shallow reef

Hooked

• 4 months later...

I always loved my fuzzy dwarf too. Do you feed him live or did you wheen himSent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Weaned from live in just a couple of weeks using a stealth stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lookin good. What camera did you switch to?

I bought a Nikon D5500. I've been looking at the Nikon DSLRs for quite awhile. I'm glad I waited because this one has some really cool new features. Trying to figure out macro photography on it. Shot this last night. It's a start. Again, no processing.

396b08b30037f2c8e3c1ea125eb2f411.jpg

Where did you get your fuzzy dwarf. I have some type of dwarf lionfish but Def not this colorful!!!!Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Got him at Premium a couple of years ago. He was not nearly that colorful then. If you look around, you'll find a lot of variation in color and pics of some that are super yellow. Those generally go for a pretty high price.

Got him at Premium a couple of years ago. He was not nearly that colorful then. If you look around, you'll find a lot of variation in color and pics of some that are super yellow. Those generally go for a pretty high price.

I got one from modern but I'd love to have one like the pic posted. Def calender worthy!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I bought a Nikon D5500. I've been looking at the Nikon DSLRs for quite awhile. I'm glad I waited because this one has some really cool new features. Trying to figure out macro photography on it. Shot this last night. It's a start. Again, no processing.

396b08b30037f2c8e3c1ea125eb2f411.jpg

That looks pretty nice. I haven't seen one of those yet. I'm still on the macri learning curve myself. I need to invest in a quality tripod. I bought a 60mm F2.8 Macro awhile back but lack the post processing technique and associated equipment to really take advantage of it. The lens pretty similar to the 60mm Nikkor and allows some other cool features with the mirrorless NX camera I picked up last year plus it's MUCH lighter than my Canon was.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/757452-REG/Samsung_EX_M60SB_60mm_f_2_8_Macro_ED.html

Here's the tripod I'm looking at currently. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1059031-REG/manfrotto_mkcompactadv_bk_compact_advanced_tripod_black.html

That looks pretty nice. I haven't seen one of those yet. I'm still on the macri learning curve myself. I need to invest in a quality tripod. I bought a 60mm F2.8 Macro awhile back but lack the post processing technique and associated equipment to really take advantage of it. The lens pretty similar to the 60mm Nikkor and allows some other cool features with the mirrorless NX camera I picked up last year plus it's MUCH lighter than my Canon was.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/757452-REG/Samsung_EX_M60SB_60mm_f_2_8_Macro_ED.html

Here's the tripod I'm looking at currently. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1059031-REG/manfrotto_mkcompactadv_bk_compact_advanced_tripod_black.html

Looks like a nice tripod.

I was going to get the Nikkor 105 macro lens, but I'm experimenting with some other options first. I took that shot using Macro Autofocus Extension Tubes. I think those will work for me, but I need to start shooting in RAW and doing some post processing.