FragSwap coral diying Please help

EDIT. 2:43pm. I want it very Clear. NO SELLER HAD BAD CORAL> THIS IS SOME SORT OF STUPID MISTAKE I DID>WHAT though is the question.

i purchased more than 300.00 worth of coral at fragswap. Nothing is looking healthy and I do not understand why.

I have checked all my parameters and there good to go. My blue tabling acro was first to go with that rapid tissue deses or whatever it’s called. It was almost the instant it hit my display tank. Same for all the others. and I bought mostly acros. The other corals that have been in my display are just fine. I do not understand. I know whats going on is a idiot mistake but what one? I dipped in coralx and let them sit in qt then i acclimated. i am so distrot over the nightmare i am witnessing I would love to save some of them but not know what to do.

I know it may be a drive for most to come to me but i would be more then happy to make it worth your while to help me out. Please.

EDIT. I take that back. One of my beloved Bridsnest is not happy either and thats a coral i have had for some time now.

This may be completely wrong to do so you may wait for others to chime in, but, if not a water quality issue, I would move them up front and center under your lights. I am afraid that it may be too late for some of them in the picture and for them to RTN that quickly screams something in the water. Without being there to test it is very hard to tell. I have never seen a frag die like that, that quickly without an obvious problem. Or a bad or previously dying coral. What tissue was left that I could see it didnt look like that was the case though and eveyones live stock looked really healthy. Did they get very cold on your way home or anything? Other than that we may need to see what others have to say when they read this thread.

Good Luck and sorry to hear your problem...You may want to do a water change in case something got in there that is not good.

This may be completely wrong to do so you may wait for others to chime in, but, if not a water quality issue, I would move them up front and center under your lights. I am afraid that it may be too late for some of them in the picture and for them to RTN that quickly screams something in the water. Without being there to test it is very hard to tell. I have never seen a frag die like that, that quickly without an obvious problem. Or a bad or previously dying coral. What tissue was left that I could see it didnt look like that was the case though and eveyones live stock looked really healthy. Did they get very cold on your way home or anything? Other than that we may need to see what others have to say when they read this thread.

Good Luck and sorry to hear your problem...You may want to do a water change in case something got in there that is not good.

On the cold factor that was something that worried me I purchased them all at about noon to 1 I did not get home till like 6 pm and they was unfurtantely ALL very cold. even though i put them in cooler.

and yes I point no fingers at ANY seller. I know its something i did wrong just trying to pin point it to try and save them. :(

what is your alk and calc?

how established is your current tank water?

did you use any heat packs during the 5 or 6 hours?

i would cut any and all pieces that have started to loose flesh until there is not white left.

i have seen this happen in sps, mainly acros before to other people after swaps. possibly a quick change in params from two different tanks.

was the coralrx used as directed?

Tank water about 2 years old established. (just moved from tank to tank)

No heat packs.

coralx was used to a T. I read the instruction three times before doing anything.

Give me a Few minutes I will give you calc and alk

Cut the white off? so in other words re frag on most the dead is below the good.

I would get some carbon in a bag and get it in there to try and help remove any toxins that may have been introduced.....

OMG. It was brought to my attention to check one thing that I assume we ALL do not look at very often. Salinity. Mine is at 1.020 that to me is danger level.

I assume its the culperate to the problem as well.? Any one have any ideas how to saely raise my salinity in a fast maner or if it could be the cause to all the problems?

Thank you scott for the idea there.

My first though is salinity, alkalinity. phosphates..

SPS, especially the more sensitive Acros, will RTN die if alkalinity is changed too rapidly. You said your alk is 300? This value makes no sense to me.. 300 ppm? If so, 200 ppm is on the high end of an acceptable value. 300 ppm is off the charts high and has to be contributing to the problem. Changing alk +/- 1 dkh per 24hrs is asking for trouble..

Also what are your phosphate levels?

Keep in mind that rapidly changing any value at this point is just going to cause more stress to those inhabitants that are not problematic and will likely just cause more problems. For those already RTN'ing it's probably already too late.

Ugh, just read the second page of the tread. Yea, it's probably the salinity. Be careful about pushing it back up too fast. It won't help to push it back up to where it should be too fast. You will just add more stress. How did it get so low? And how long has it been this way? Have your confirmed the low reading with a second measuring device, calibration solution, hobbyist, trusted fish store, etc?