So Saturday when the lights came on I noticed something looked odd within the tank. Upon further inspection, I saw my Meteor Shower Cyphastrea I got from @Gonzo620 was showing signs of melting away. Tested the tank, and everything was well within levels I'm happy keeping, and my tank has always been happy with. So safe to say, I was pretty upset with it all. The tank has really been acting funny the past couple of months and has been the most frustrating part of this journey so far. I've also been having some issues with aiptasia, and have been looking for some Berghia Nudibranches locally with no luck so far. I'm not sure where the aiptasia has come from, as I dip all of my corals, as well as removing them from the plug they come from, and gluing them to a new plug before they go into the tank. Frustration to the max.
Yesterday was waterchange day since I was at the Indy 500 all day Sunday. I decided that things needed a bit of a change, so I did a little rearranging within the tank. I rotated the main rock a bit, and re-glued some corals to the rockwork. I also vacuumed the sand in the spot where the rocks used to sit, as there was a bit of detritus in those spots. Eventually I got to a point where I was happy with it, and let it be. I also removed the spinstream nozzle and stuck on the stock nozzle. I'm trying to do everything I can do to save things and promote health and growth in my corals. Even looking for an AI Prime to replace the Kessil I'm running now. I'm going to give it a few months and see where we are at the end of the summer. Hopefully the next few posts within this thread will be on the positive side. At least for those still following.
If it all fails, I will be doing a complete overhaul of the tank, and a new approach, but hopefully we never get there.