Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


PaulS.46122 last won the day on August 12

PaulS.46122 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

126 Excellent

1 Follower

About PaulS.46122

  • Birthday 06/26/1981

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Tank
    10 Gallon Nano

Recent Profile Visitors

864 profile views
  1. Awesome! Went with a diffuser too? I have always liked these tanks. If I ever go to a tank with a sump this would be my choice. Can’t wait to see what you do with it.
  2. I recently received a Hanna Alk checker as a gift. Figuring alk was not as consistent as I would prefer in my little tank. When I ran it for the first time I was shocked to see my alk was at 7.4. First year it stayed pretty steady around 8.5 - 8.4. I then thought the MG would be the culprit for being low Well I spent 2.5 hours with the tank this morning. Running multiple tests, btw i need to get a mg and ca Hanna checker cause these drop tests suck. The Hanna checkers are so easy to use! Anyway tested the tank before a waterchange, new mixed saltwater, and after the waterchange. Also did a big cleaning of the pump, return line, and rear chambers. Flow is turned up to max on the Sicce 0.5 pump with the stock return nozzle. Getting tons of flow now too! May need to turn down the flow a bit, but we will see. So here are my results: 8-18-19 Pre-Waterchange Tank MG 1410 ALK 7.3 CA 470 TEMP 78.4 SALINITY 1.026 Mixed Saltwater before Waterchange MG 1470 ALK 9.5 CA 490 TEMP 78.6 SALINITY 1.026 Tank after waterchange MG 1440 ALK 8.2 CA 480 TEMP 78.4 SALINITY 1.026 It looks like my MG and Calcium are pretty steady but the Alk is dropping a bit more than I would prefer. I’m thinking either multiple changes weekly or dosing. Not sure I want to go the dosing route just for Alk but open to suggestions. I think WC’s might be best for this tank.
  3. Lately I’ve been reading a lot about them. Great wide flow, and powerful in a small package. The only thing I’ve read where there are issues are with fish/snails/nems being sucked through the back of the pump. There are some out there creating guards on their 3D printer to alleviate these issues. If I ever get to lagoon territory I will be grabbing one of these pumps.
  4. So over the past month I’ve lost a few frags of zoas/palys and in the process of loosing more. I have no idea what’s going on and it’s frustrating the hell out of me. I do not see any bite marks or any thing on them when lights go out. Just this brown algae/fungus looking stuff. Should I peroxide dip? Something else? I don’t want to loose my rainbow hornets or fruit loops so any help would be greatly appreciated.
  5. I like it. The controllability is awesome and hoping for good things. Corals so far seem to like it too!
  6. Right now i'm custom just to allow my tank to acclimate to a more powerful light. When that period is over I will probably look at different programs published and go from there.
  7. Switched out the Kessil A80 for a AI Prime recently. Felt I needed a bit more power as some of my corals were stretching. For reference my old Kessil was at 100% intensity 4-6 inches off the water surface. The new prime is 8-10 inches off the surface at 40% and the corals have stopped stretching. So something is working. 🤷‍♂️
  8. PaulS.46122


    Have fun! Take a ton of pics and share with us please.
  9. Nope not at all. They are either in the Duncan or the candy canes.
  10. Well it happened last night. Spent two hours removing frags, fragging off dead heads, and rescaping the tank. Ended up using 4 bottles of super glue gel as well. Lost the Superman shroom and at least one frogspawn. Basically the frogspawn that was showing polyp bailout issues. Might loose another hammer in the next couple days but I figured that would happen. My blue and yellow hammer are still looking great and as long as they are happy I’m happy. The new rock is a piece of caribsea liferock that has been cured in someones tank. I think it looks great. Not as over bearing as the last scape and very little shadowing issues. That was a huge problem for me and something I was trying to avoid with this change. Im excited to see the change and potential this has. My little nano has officially been rebooted. So I hope you stick along to see it’s second growth.
  11. Actually that was my first thought, but never saw anything that resembled BJD. I lost all but one of my torches to BJD, and that was no fun. Those frags showed signs of the disease before being fully taken over with it. They also smelled like death, but never once had a polyp bailout with those. They just receded into the skeleton and eventually died. These on the other hand are showing tons of life and happiness, and then an hour or two later the polyp is tumbling in the current or lying on the sandbed. Sometimes even bailing when fully opened and not showing any signs of disease. I'm thinking of transferring this tank to be either be mostly favias or acans with some soft corals mixed in. 🤷‍♂️
  12. More polyp bailout issues. Seriously this is a complete bummer. I just don’t know why this keeps happening. Nothing really is screaming at me something is up parameter wise either. I’m showing growth in my mushrooms zoas, acans, favias, and blasto. The blue hammer has split into a second head, and the yellow hammer is still happy as a clam. Going to be changing things up a bit here in the next few months for sure.
  • Create New...