DIY 36" LED Fixture

Atomic

There's a big thread on RC on the DIY forum about them. Decent results, lower efficiency led's than Cree, not as much par... But, budget friendly and most people turn the led fixtures down alot to not fry stuff. I was thinking 36.... Maybe 48 to do the frag tank (since it will be mostly Sps. I want lots of par)

• 3 weeks later...

There's a big thread on RC on the DIY forum about them. Decent results, lower efficiency led's than Cree, not as much par... But, budget friendly and most people turn the led fixtures down alot to not fry stuff. I was thinking 36.... Maybe 48 to do the frag tank (since it will be mostly Sps. I want lots of par)

Google WAYJUN technology, their high power 3W LED's have the same spec's at 79-99 cents per LED. Still only running half of my hood (48) and now have a couple of SPS at the top of the rock pile. 3weeks and doing good so far.

If you want to look at true automation Meanwell has newer drivers out SPP series if i remember correctly. These have a PWM dimming control, this makes custom coding through a netduino or arduino a snap. I have a few of them coming from Mouser electronics, should have them in next week. now just need enough time to play with them and write some custom code.

• 3 weeks later...

Meanwell has a new driver out LDD-700L. It can handle 36Vdc in so each driver is capable of doing a string of 10 3W LED's. Now for the best part It is PWM controlled on the dimming section!. This makes it a simple circuit to use either an arduino or netduino to control your whole lighting system. add a RTC and a little programming and duplicate the high end units. I've purchased a few of them, soon as i get time to sit down and play with some code I'll add to this.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...