Long tentacle anemone

Guest Willy

Hi,

For a while now i have noticed that the "skin" on my long tentacled anemone has been peeling off. Is this bad? I mean the color and everything on the anemone looks good.

What size tank, lighting, etc are you keeping the anemone in? Most anemones need strong lighting and at the very least good water quality to thrive.

i have a 28 gallon aquarium. It it is under a 150w metal halide light, this light contains the double ended bulb and 2 blue fluorescent tube lights.

PHOTOS:ANEMONE

Is the foot always detached like that or did you detach it for those pictures.

i dont know if the foot is sticky. I guess i can touch it??? Will it sting me?

I feed my fish a mixture of frozen brine shrimp, flake food, and saltwater.

The two Amphiprion Clarkiis that are hosting it bring some of the mixture down to the anemone.

i dont know if the foot is sticky. I guess i can touch it??? Will it sting me?

I feed my fish a mixture of frozen brine shrimp, flake food, and saltwater.

The two Amphiprion Clarkiis that are hosting it bring some of the mixture down to the anemone.

And what should it be "attached" to?

<br />Kinda looks like Cyano, I would wipe it off. You might try digging him a hole in the sand, or putting a small piece of rock under him to see if he will attach.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Totally agree. Make sure it is getting moderate alternating flow and try to feed it something like a krill, silverside, mysis shrimp or something of that nature and see if it will eat.<br />Cyano is a bacteria that grows mostly in low flow areas I believe. The foot should be firmly planted to something all the time.

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Totally agree. Make sure it is getting moderate alternating flow and try to feed it something like a krill, silverside, mysis shrimp or something of that nature and see if it will eat.<br />Cyano is a bacteria that grows mostly in low flow areas I believe. The foot should be firmly planted to something all the time.

I think that it is probably cyano. I have this red stuff all over my sand, which i am guessing is the same thing. I actually put 4 hermit crabs in there today, in hopes that they will eat it.

Thanks everyone for all of your help

i would suggest that u try to do a little more research before getting any new animals that way it will make it easier on you and the animal. if u need any help send me a im with your number i will help as much as i can. i have 5 differnt speices of anemones in my system and i think a one on one conversation might help u a little more than a post

david

i would suggest that u try to do a little more research before getting any new animals that way it will make it easier on you and the animal. if u need any help send me a im with your number i will help as much as i can. i have 5 differnt speices of anemones in my system and i think a one on one conversation might help u a little more than a post

david

OK thanks i will se if this stuff goes away and if not ill pm you

david

Ok thanks, i will watch it and if it dosnt go away ill pm you

how long have u had this anemone? how often do u feed him? has he gotten bigger or has he shrank in size? does he move around alot or does he stay in that one spot?

haha posted pretty much the same thing twice lol

ugh...

ive had him prbly 3 weeks now

ive fead him a couple times, the clowns that host it bring it food.

He has stayed about the same size.

He stays in one spot