1/2 inch acrylic

cletus

Where can I find 1/2 inch acrylic I want to make my own tank sice I can't find the size I want. The size is going to be 60Lx24Wx30T size will equal 187G acording to Garf.org.

I would also like some help puting it together once I get the acrylic

Mine is 60x24x24 (150g)... its a nice size. Only takes 2 sheets.

I would definitely NOT do a tank that size as your first project. You should come to this upcoming meeting. We will be having an acrylic workshop and building media reactors... you just need to sign up in the meetings forum. Cost to participate in the workshop is $35 for materials.

Yes but small. Would be wanting some help on this project. Decided on the dimensions. 72x24x24 = 180 gallon would use only 2 sheets still. I looked at uncle bills for tanks but for them to do a drilled tank would be about $900-1200 So I fugure $500 is better and Meyer plastics will cut the acrylic for me. So I just need to get a little money together and then have someone help me with putting it all together.

Why not do a Plywood tank with a glass viewing panel? Basicall a wooden box painted with a food grade epoxy paint and then a piece of glass is siliconed into the front panel. On larger tanks, some people use fiberglass to reinforce the joints. Do a search on Reef Central for plywood tanks. I believe Garf.org also has information on building tanks this way.

There is at least one local who built his tank that way. (fourseahorsemen)

I think Frank might have done his tank this way as well. (not sure if he goes by Frank of FrankK on this board. Maybe someone else will chime in...)

Thanks

Tim