What to use for a water change.

loki

Hey all I have been doing a water change the hard way for many years by pushing a trash can back and forth.  Enough is enough I am planning on getting a hose long enough to reach the water mixing station to the tank it is about fifty feet. I have a pump big enough to push water that far but I am struggling on what kind of hose to get, the outlet to my pump is 1inch. I was thinking of of using a clear hose and found some on BRS for around $8 a foot that  pricey for me.I want a cheaper option and was wandering what you all use. Let me know so I can get the  maintenance  Of doing a water change easier and get on a good schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a max jet pump and put clear tubing on the outlet side, throw it in the tank or sump and plug it in. I have a small mark made with sharpie on the corner of tank so I know how much water to remove. (you first have to use bucket or some container to measure out the amount of water you usually change) and run it to a sink. Then I reverse it and put pump in fresh saltwater container and turn it on.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2019 at 10:16 AM, BGrand said:

Thanks,I was able to grab that up and it works great!