Purchasing Fish Online

IdahoSaltGirl

Hello Fish Friends! 

My local shops around here are not very convenient nor stocked well. I wanted to try and order online. I noticed we had some online sites on banners on our website. Does anyone have experience just buying fish out right? What website do you recommend? 

Thanks!! 

I have never bought a fish on line

I know that you are in Muncie but a trip to one of the local Fish stores will be worth your time

Most of them can order what you want and you can at least look at them before putting in your quarantine

• Thanks 1

I agree with Mike. Make a list of what you’re looking for, call one of the local shops and ask them what they can get, and for how much. 

If no one can get you what you’re looking for, then try online vendors. But I’m almost positive that one of the locals can get just about anything you want. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah would definitely recommend you put your own eyes on a specimen you’d like. I’ve also never ordered fish online but my time on the forums has shown signs. Blue Zoo Aquatics is a trusted site. https://www.bluezooaquatics.com/index.asp 

Live Aquaria is also good but only from the Divers Den. https://m.liveaquaria.com/diversden/index.cfm?cmpid=IB-_-HP-_-061719_HMP_HERO_DD.jpg-_-mH2

• Thanks 1

It's worth the drive.  You will know exactly what your getting and you can ask how the fish has been doing since arrival.  Is it eating? Does it look stressed?  Etc.  Ryan makes a great point in that you can work with your local vendors since they do have the ability to order specific fish for you.

• Thanks 1