Central Indiana Aquatics

I wanted to let everyone know that Central Indiana Aquatics posted that they will be closing their store. Kenna has been  a supporter of the club over the last three years and has always provided excellent customer service to everyone. For those of you that do not facebook (like myself) I wanted to share the post with the club.

"I have spent the past three years doing my very best to provide the best customer service and the healthiest livestock to my customers. I've made complimentary house calls, deliveries, and gone above and beyond anything LiveAquaria or Amazon would ever do for it's customers. But that has proven to not be enough. So the time has come to permanently close the shop.

To the people who have come in and spent 45 minutes asking me about every issue you've ever had with your tank, showing me pictures of every single coral and fish you've ever owned, asking me to quote you on everything you would need for a new tank but you're waiting till you move out of your mom's basement to pull the trigger, and then not buying that twenty dollar coral because your buddy sells it out of his house for ten bucks or that product I recommended because you found it on Amazon three dollars cheaper....you all know where you can shove it.

To the rest of you, thank you so much for supporting me. There are no words that could ever explain how much I appreciate you. Many of you have become great friends and that is what I will miss the most. Those of you that have brought your kids in, I enjoyed interacting with them more than anything. The smiles on their little faces when they held a starfish would always make my day.

The shop will continue to be open on Sundays until I've sold everything, and then from there I'll close to walk-in customers and continue a small part of the business online in my spare time. If you would like to schedule an appointment to stop by the shop, there's a handy new "book now" button on our page. You can click that and select a day and time that would work best for you.

As for me, I'll be focusing the rest of my time on my kids, vacations, petting my dog, and all the other things I haven't been able to due to choosing the most high maintenance business to ever exist.

On a final note, please remember to shop local. You wouldn't believe how happy every single sale, no matter how small, makes us. When you make a purchase at a small business, you are literally putting food on a table. So please support your local shops, we depend on you!"

Central Indiana Aquatics is not the 1st local shop to close by any means. But it is a reminder that if we do not support our local shops then we will not have any local shops. Take a minute to think about that...… Every one of us depend on the expertise of our local shops and we should really concentrate on supporting those shops. Most people are not aware but even if you buy from a local shop on amazon their net profit is reduced by a couple of factors.

I wish Kenna the best in everything that she may do in the future. We as a local reefing community want to prevent this from happening again we really need to rethink how we support everyone. If not who might be next?

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Damn, this really bums me out.   My girls and I always loved visiting Kenna when we could.   Usually on a rainy day, or a cold winter day.   Sadly we were not able to spend as much time as we would like there over the years due to other commitments.   

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Gonzo620 said:

Wed, Thur, Friday 12-7 and Saturday and Sunday 12-5 wasn’t reasonable enough for you?? @Jtroutt19 plus the day they were closed you could could come in by appointment. Sorry but you don’t make any sense. 

No offense to Jeremy at Modern, but those are better hours than his.   

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

so i work right down the road from jeremy but before my schedule was 11-7 tues-sunday. So the only day that i could of went was sunday and that usually didnt work because of home responsibilities. As far as calling to make an appointment, to much hassle especially when there are other places open that i could walk right into.  

Now its a different story because i changed careers. 

I guess now that you know the whole story it makes sense huh.....

• Like 1