Scott Hesler

Who do you call when your on vacation or out of town and you need your tank watched?

Looking for other Marine reefer heads that might be interested in reciprocating assistance with their Marine Reef System when either out of town on business or vacation in the Carmel area. I have a dog sitter but if something goes south on the reef tank I'd like to have an emergency contact to come and change out the filter socks or empty the skimmer. Thought I'd try this route before hesitating to call the neighbors. I would gladly reciprocate watching your tank system. Looking at starting a small network to help each other out which would offer us all peace of mind as opposed to a tank crash. Integrity & honesty are a must!

I also put this on the Nextdoor app to see what type of response I would get.. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be interested in this option.

Scott, this is a great idea. I know that there were talks from other members about doing this just for the same reason you are. I am sure that we can make an announcement at the upcoming meeting to try and get some others on board and to help out. 

Please let me know how I can get more involved.  I really believe this would be a tremendous value to several of the members.

I agree.  I have been fortunate to have a couple of people on call when I am on vacation since that is when all major disasters happen!