Greg’s 30g cube

Hey everyone, I’m new to INDMAS but not new to reefing. Thought I’d introduce myself, my tank, and hopefully see everyone at the swap! I moved to the Lafayette area to finish school,  I’m in my last year of veterinary school at Purdue. I spent my first three years in the southern Caribbean on the island of St. Kitts where I also did some research in the local corals of the area. I was also a member of a sea turtle monitoring network for a short time so needless to say I’m a reef/marine junkie 😁. Here’s a few pictures of my tank and some specs 

30g oceanic cube

icecap cube simp 

2x vortech mp10

Vectra s1 return pump

Eshopps axium 120 skimmer 

various zoas, mushrooms

torch, frogspawn

birdsnest, red planet, red monticap, various acros

2x ocellaris clowns, neon dottyback, banggai cardinal, mandarin goby 

957B9A97-243F-4A2A-BC92-879B8282ACC7.jpeg

Hey Greg.  Welcome to AA.  I mean indmas!  Nice looking tank and equipment line up.  Looks like those bam bams are loving life in that tank huh.  The frag swap is definitely a fun time for sure.  You should come check out the meeting in February in zionsville.  Just a short jog down 65.

Lived in Lafayette for 6 years.  Nice little town.  Not much for reefing there though.  Keep us updated on your tank!

Welcome dude! Nice to have another lifestyle reefer in the house. I wasn’t as far south as you, but I did marine mammal training in Florida and worked on a few different coral prop/preservation crews there. Love the look of your tank, livestock and equipment. 

Hi 👋🏽 welcome to the club Greg. I grew up in Lafayette. Take it you shop at Aquarium World. I know those guys real well. I take them coral for trade often. Those pink guys in your tank look real familiar😜. Tank looks great. Hope to see you at some meetings. 

Thanks everyone! I’ll definitely see if I can make the February meeting! 

Tanknovice: I try to clean the sump every weekend, that was actually an old picture of when I set it up 😂 

gonzo: good to see another Lafayette reefer! I shop at aquarium world from time to time but most of my coral are from reefers around the area that were selling corals on FB, Craigslist, etc.