Small crack in tank

First thing is remove the coaster. Glass on glass crime is unacceptable! 😬 

Not much you can do besides replace the tank. Just be mindful that is definitely a failure point. Looks more like a chip than a crack. It’s in between the two glass panels in the caulk joint right? If I’m correct and the chip has fallen out, you can squirt some silicone in it. That might hide it a bit. 

If you’re feeling brave, confident and tired looking at it, you could try to pull it out. But you do it at your own risk.

Another option is to tape it off nice and straight and paint the corners of the glass black to match the caulking so you can’t see the chip. 

Like I said before though it’s definitely a possible failure point. Kinda like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound. 

If this was me and the photos are as accurate as they appear to me. Paint the corners is what I would do. Hope it works out for you. Keep us posted. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry guys for the super late update on this but long story short I contacted deep blue and they said the chip is probably fine because it only goes a 1/3 of the way through the silicone.  I might try putting a bit of silicone over the chip just so it doesn't fall out this spring but according to deep blue it is ok and the tank does not need replaced.