• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
cmrun

Fish for Frag Tank

I am looking to start up a frag tank... (I'm just a fowlr how did i get into this???)

This is to be a stand alone all-in-one DIY unit. Any suggestions on a fish or other critter (snail / crab) to put into this system?

Sapphire damsels....good for ridding acro eating flatworms

6 line wrasse/yellow Coris wrasse - good for ridding general parasites

• Like 1

Only a 30 gallon frag tank which I hadn't mentioned before so the Tangs would out grow it quickly. Maybe a Lawnmower or Tail spot Blenny for algae?

I'd recommend a flame angel, beautiful fish but sometimes can turn into a polyp eater.  In a frag tank, if it starts to get an appetite for polyps could trade back in at later time:)

Agree on the tangs, the blenny options only concern is they are rather aggressive and perch on everything.  With unstable frags easy for them to make a mess of anything that's not secure.

• Like 1

Molly Miller blennies that are aqua cultured are said to eat numerous algaes 

• Like 1

Because I quarantine everything wet that goes in to my displays, I keep fish out of my invert/coral quarantine(s) so that I do not introduce parasites.  It's nasty out there right now in the distribution system!

• Like 2

I'm with 3 Ford on this one! Unless you qt fish and coral separately and then put in frag tank to grow out.