!!!FRAG SWAP!!! MARCH 16, 2019 Read more... ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
EricReefer05

Help, I can't get my cheato to grow

I recently bought more cheato as my previous bunch had died during the early stages of the tank. I have tried to get it to grow, but it stayed the exact same since i bought it. I have a Kessil H80 and I run it for 10 hours at 25% intensity.

On 9/16/2018 at 10:25 AM, Dustin1300 said:

What is your nitrates & phosphates?  Bioload on the 60 gallon?  Are you tumbling the cheato?

This and turn up that intensity.   Its only a 15 watt light.   Give that algae some light to grow.  👍

Eric, you may look at getting a test kit for iron. I had problem after problem with getting my chaeto to grow (when I had it) and did all kinds of research to find out that my iron was really low. Once I dosed iron a few times my chaeto took off. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ryansweet said:

Eric, you may look at getting a test kit for iron. I had problem after problem with getting my chaeto to grow (when I had it) and did all kinds of research to find out that my iron was really low. Once I dosed iron a few times my chaeto took off. 

Rule of thumb. If its grassy and green it needs IRON.  

• Like 1

If you're heavily skimming, have low levels of livestock, or both your chaeto will often starve out.  My tanks are always so overstocked that this is not an issue! :D