I want fully custom and a hybird. I used 1"X1" angel aluminum. Cut to length drilled holes and used a pop rivets. I did find out to paint aluminum you need self etching aluminum primer.. self etching being the key words here. Other wise paint peals off like a egg on a non stick pan. 

The center 3 slots are for MH I will be going with the 315 CMH You can do a search on it. It holds a tighter spectrum for 2-3 times longer. That means every 2-3 yrs befor a color shift as to where Normally MH start at 6-9mo. Plus dimmable. And more controllable. The ballast ill be using is growers choice. With a lil work is APEX controllable dimmable down YEAAAAAA

The long slots on the side will be for LEDs I'll be going dsuny for them or reef bright. 

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

Wow really clean.  Like how it turned out for sure...nice job sir

6 hours ago, Been Mired said:

great tip on the primer too. That'll save someone a redo down the road! :)

I bet I went to the car wash 5 times and spent 25$ learning that lesson. 

I have to give that a try! For hanging the frame, I used galvanized pipe with flanges drilled into the wall. Then made a simple wood frame to hide the pipe. I will post a picture tonight.

Now for th MH. After talking to a guy, yes I know a guy. After some geeky electrical things that was done to a pile of gizmos. This controller works on MH ballast and dims down to 50% or on apex 35% Boomb baby dimmable MH. Not switchable wattage. Real dimmable. Whoop. 

IMG_0051.PNG