Zoa/Paly growout challenge

Hey everyone,

So a few weeks ago I posted about the Tank of the Quarter and something else we had planned. Great news is that we had 3 different zoa/paly colonies donated to us to bring this to life. A special shout out to Mermaid's Cove for donating the colonies. We will be in the process of fragging the colonies over the next few days of so to hopefully have a count for the meeting. If this is something you would be interested in participating in, please comment below. I will work on getting a few pictures up of the different ones we have and will get a thread going for the official challenge after we have everything squared away.

Capture.JPG

The goal is to see what tank lighting, parameters, and other variables play in the growth of the zoa/paly (Most growth at the end of the challenge). I have seen a few posts where people are not able to keep zoa/palys, and there are others who have them growing like weeds. It will be a great way to get someone pointed in the right direction to growing zoa/palys for a potential zoa/paly garden. Once we have a total count of frags in the next day or 2, and have those who are going to participate, I will get an official thread going for this.  

This is a very cool challenge for all of you members out there who think they have the zoa zen!  

What lights will work the best?  Who thinks they are the best underwater gardner?  Well make sure to sign up for this challenge and put your skills to the test...

A new thread and rules for the challenge will be posted soon.  Until then...if you wanna jump in, chime in here before it's too late club!

I am glad to see everyone who is joining in on this challenge! For those who can not make it to the meeting, I will try and get something scheduled to make a round trip around 465 loop to meet people either Sunday or the following day. I will have the official thread with all the rules up by Tuesday and the challenge will start on Wednesday 8/15. This should give the frags enough time to get settled in to the new homes.