Hello from the Ocean-Aquarium Foundation!

Hello all!

My name is Brian Plankis and I'm one of the board members of the new non-profit the Ocean-Aquarium Foundation. We are based out of Indianapolis (all of our board members are from Indy) and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here. 

We just created our account today and will being posting more information about us soon, just making sure the account works first. The plan is for some or all of our board to attend your June 23rd social, looking forward to meeting everyone in person!

Cheers,

Brian

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the social today! Ryan to answer your question our non-profit is focused on improving sustainability of the hobby through breeding and education efforts. 

We are still ramping up our research systems, but i have previously grown phyto, bred two species of snails and Banggai cardinalfish. I would have succeeded with clownfish if i hadnt needed to shut down my systems when i moved from Texas. 

We are currently just acquiring broodstock to form breeding pairs and get a reasonable collection of coral colonies for fundraising. 

I will post more info soon when i get time on the laptop.

Brian

• 8 months later...

Hello again all! 

I'm looking forward to attending my first INDMAS frag swap tomorrow! I also am going to finally start a proper Research Lab System build thread on the forums here shortly. But I thought I would post a couple of teaser pictures now. 

The first picture is the 120 gallon in wall display tank that sits in the corner of the lab. This first picture is when it went "feet wet" on March 18, 2018. The second picture is of the Phase 1 research system which consists of 4  10-gallon tanks and 2  20-gallon tanks. Total system tank volume is approximately 275 gallons. The Phase 2 larval system will bring us up to over 300 gallons in the near future.

I had a great time at that June social and hopefully get to meet more new people tomorrow!

Brian

IMG_2823.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

• Like 1