Total tank crash

Not trying to repost everything from my help thread, but my tank suffered a total loss over the weekend. I'm posting here for a couple reasons. First, the water is starting to clear up and I can see that some zoas and a non-photosynthetic gorgonian may have survived, but they are all closed up so I'm not sure. Once the water clears and I can establish survival I'd like to give them to a member who can keep them going. All I'd ask is a future frag of the zoas. Second, I will not be reviving this tank, but finally beginning to move forward with my bigger plan, which is to take an entire 12'x13' room and devote it to creating a new in-wall tank and any other smaller tanks I would want to add in the future. The room shares a wall (unfortunately it's load bearing) with the living room and that wall will be cut out to put in what I hope will be around a 300 gallon 8' tank. This will take a while to do but I'd love to get some club help with designing the room and will post a build thread later as well. First I'm going to rip out the drywall and carpet and redo a lot of it, and it'll take a while to afford the tank and all that goes with it, but in the end it will be the dream tank that I envisioned when I bought the house. Losing this tank has motivated me to start early so I don't stay out for too long. I ask that anyone with input on a great fish room let me know what you think when I post that thread. Losing this tank sucks and I feel terrible about what happened to my fish, hopefully I can spin it forward into something great.

Really sorry to hear about all of this D!

Glad to hear you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.  

Have you gotten the tank cleaned up and a home found for your survivors?  Would love to hear a success story of the remaining livestock.

• 2 weeks later...

It cleared up on its own and the zoas mostly look good. I haven't gotten any replies, I may just put together a small frag system in the big room while accumulating stuff for the big tank and use it to keep me more active and move a bit of the old tank into the new one later. 

• Like 1