Help! My clown fish may have Brooklynella

One of my black ice clown fish has recently started swimming right at the surface of the tank only and one closer inspection has developed multipule white spots around his left fin. He has also lost  a lot of color over the past day. I think he could possibly have Brooklynella, but It could also be Ich. Let me know what you guys think it is and here is a picture,

IMG_1574.thumb.JPG.311a54d608c0f6ec92dfd380c08c2a5b.JPGIMG_1576.thumb.JPG.f65ec8d909d55baf7c1ff3ddb7be4bbd.JPG

Also could you guys recommend me treatment for whatever this disease is.

It looks like ich to me, but I’m no expert. If you have a hospital tank setup you can treat with copper/cupramine. Here are other treatment options like hyposalinity or tank transfer, but they all require qt/hospital tanks. 

It sucks, but unfortunately we’ve all gone through it (some of us more than once). The best thing I’ve found is either to qt and treat all fish before they enter the display, or feed really well so the fish’s immune system can fight off infections. 

Is this fish in QT or in DT? Is the fish eating?

Loss of color makes me think it is brook. Also looks like the fish has clamped fins.

I would treat with  a formalin bath, and then treat with copper and metronidazole together for 1 month in QT. The metro will take care of brook, and 1 month in copper will eradicate ich/velvet just in case is one of these. 

Products to use for bath 90 Minute bath

Put fish in a bucket or container and make sure to use air stone as these meds will deplete the oxygen and a heater. Dose according to direction on package. Pick one of these products:

Formalin MS 

Acriflavine MS

Ruby Reef Rally - 90 minute bath, this product contains Acriflavine and formalin (I use this one)

Then put fish in QT and treat with copper product and metro combined.

(Metroplex contains metronidazole) I use this one.

Sorry to hear that Eric. Don’t let it get you down too bad, just keep plugging forward and learn from it. You’ve got a great start to your build and a good head on your shoulders. 

Amanda is right that with the clown passing this quickly it was probably brook or velvet, rather than ich. Watch your other fish as closely as possible for Amy signs of infection. It might not be a bad idea to get them into a qt/hospital tank and treat. 

I have had good luck in treating ich on my tangs with Kondon's ich attack if it were ich. It is reef safe and I have used it several times to treat my blue hippo and powder blue (notorious for getting ich). You can also feed Docotor G's anti-parasitic caviar. Mix a little in with some frozen food so it absorbs into it and it will help to combat the parasite(s) some. 

I would have to agree with Amanda and Ryan that it was probably Brook with as quickly as it went with the onset. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this: My other clown was still alive after I came back from vacation in he is showing no signs of any disease and is eating like a pig. So my plan from here on out is to not add anymore fish for about a mouth and when I do add another fish I will watch it carefully.