2018 INDMAS July Field Trip - Indianapolis Zoo

• 2 weeks later...

Who's getting excited? I know I am!! This is going to be a great one!! If you haven't got your tickets yet make sure to do so before the deadline of July 19th! You don't want to miss this one!

So my daughter is in the Zoo Teen volunteer program at the Indy Zoo and she is working this week. As part of the program they take the teens on some of the" behind the scenes" tours for different exhibits. Yesterday they went on the BTS Oceans tour. She knows the club is going on this tour and this is what she said "you and your fish club fish geeks will love this!" lol  Even my 16 year old daughter who is not a fish person thought it was very cool! 

Update!

I talked with Sally today and we are able to do (1) BTS tour at 11am to accommodate the 13 folks who preferred AM

The rest of the tours will start at 1pm.  On both tours....we will meet at the Reef tank by the Tube Tanks in the Oceans department.  Please be to the designated meeting area 15 minutes prior to the set times.  All INDY zoo entry tickets will be at WILL CALL in case you are wanting to go to the zoo to enjoy it before the Tour.

We will have a small raffle drawing at the end of the tour sessions at 1pm.  However long that may take....i am assuming 2:30pm to 3pm

Great @Rosy See you two there...please make sure to pay at our indmas store so we can submit payment to the zoo.  

We will add you two to the spreadsheet!

Please don't forget club to purchase your tickets!  Here is the link:

http://indmas.org/main/index.php?/store/

We have you don't Clint and Craig!  We are getting close...this will be a fun day for sure.

Anyone who has an INDMAS shirt...please wear them for this event to show your a proud reefer and will be easier to spot each other out around the rest of the zoo!  :v)

Got the payment sir thank you!  

Quick update!  I spoke with the zoo today and they forgot to mention they wanted more time to process the group admission tickets.  So if anyone considering getting in on the group rate who IS NOT an indy zoo member...please remit payment by 11:59pm Tomorrow 7/17.  

We will then make payment and send an email to all the participants with instructions for receiving tickets.  Thank you all and looking forward to a fun day!

There will be an update later on where to get the tickets.  It is likely that Ben or myself will be up front near will call with the tickets as they say they cant will call our tickets as they have another event.  

Got your payment Rosy ...thanks!

Will update thread and email members regarding zoo day instructions later in the week.  Keep your eyes open club!

Okay club!  We have purchased the tickets for the zoo trip.  We got a few extra tickets just in case.  So if you are on the fence about going...please send payment over to reserve your spot!

We will put up a BTS tour schedule here tomorrow or Friday so please check back.  We will have a schedule with us Saturday as well to let you know. 

Ben or myself will be at the White River Gardens building for you to pickup your tickets.  This is after you park but before you go into the park.  There should be flowers and butterflies on the building.  We will be wearing an INDMAS shirt and will leave our cell phones in the email we send out for you just in case.  Ticket pickup will be from 9am to 11am.  We will be leaving our post in the WRG building at 11am and if you are not there by then you will need to call one of us.  Indy Zoo will not hold out tickets at WILL CALL.  

More info soon folks!  Happy Hump Day!

We purchased two adult tickets a couple of weeks or so ago online.  Two  for behind the scenes at 1:00 pm or if an earlier behind the scenes for two opens up in the morning, we'll take it. 

Thanks

Edited by reef finatic

Okay INDMAS!  Here is the Behind the Scene Tour times.  Please remember to meet at the Oceans Building at least 10 minutes prior to your time.  Meet at the cylinder aquariums.  We will need to check your name off before the tour and then Sally will go over a few things before taking us back.  No strollers....

Again....your entry tickets will be located with Ben or myself at the White River Gardens Building from 9am to 11am ONLY.  This is your WILL CALL destination.

11AM Indy Zoo Behind the Scenes Tour Time

@lrood  @dmits41  @reef finatic @theschwenkster 

1PM BTS Time

@rhwimmers  @mrsbugmaster  @gosportaquarium  @Jer  @cmrun  @dduerloo

1:15PM BTS Time

@Keith  @CharlieW  @Rick  @ReikiGirl  @Rosy @cgfeelit

1:30PM BTS Time                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

@Locojenny23  @Reefnewby82  @Been Mired  @ EricReefer05  @Saltcritters       

24 minutes ago, ReefNewby82 said:

Okay INDMAS!  Here is the Behind the Scene Tour times.  Please remember to meet at the Oceans Building at least 10 minutes prior to your time.  Meet at the cylinder aquariums.  We will need to check your name off before the tour and then Sally will go over a few things before taking us back.  No strollers....

Again....your entry tickets will be located with Ben or myself at the White River Gardens Building from 9am to 11am ONLY.  This is your WILL CALL destination.

11AM Indy Zoo Behind the Scenes Tour Time

@lrood  @dmits41  @reef finatic @theschwenkster 

1PM BTS Time

@rhwimmers  @mrsbugmaster  @gosportaquarium  @Jer  @cmrun  @dduerloo

1:15PM BTS Time

@Keith @charliedw@RickZink@Reikigirl@Rosy@cgfeelit

1:30PM BTS Time                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       @EricReefer05 @SaltCritters @Been Mired @LoCoJenny23 @ReefNewby82                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

@EricReefer05 @SaltCritters @Been Mired @LoCoJenny23 @ReefNewby82       @Keith @charliedw@RickZink@Reikigirl@Rosy@cgfeelit@rhwimmers@MrsBugmaster@gosportaquarium@Jer@cmrun@ddeurloo@lrood@dmits41@reef finatic@theschwenkster

• Thanks 1

Since my daughter is in the Zoo Teen Volunteer Program, she has graciously volunteered to give personalize tours with interesting tidbits of info on some of the animals. For instance, did you Pakak, the walrus, is 6 years old and loves to play peek-a-boo, and other games with zoo guest. She can show you how to get him to play with you (well, when he's in the mood and wants to play that is lol) Learn why the zoo have a dog breed called Kangal Shepherds and what they have in common with the cheetahs. If it is raining why is the best place to be is at the elephant exhibit?

She had lots of information about the zoo animals she would love to tell you about. If anyone is interested please me know so we can set up a time for personal tours. It's free!