Clean up crew questions

Since my tank is about ready for fish I am also about to get a clean up crew. I had heard good things about the site Reef Cleaners who recommend a clean up crew for your tank. I did this yesterday night and I got a response. Here is what they recommended for my tank,

,2054166568_ScreenShot2018-05-11at11_32_37AM.png.6249da0060d5e637656ea86c565e0302.png

The question I have then is wether 50 dwarf Ceriths are way to much for my tank or anything they recommended for that mater.

Eric, 

I love reefcleaners (when I lived in Florida I even spent some time at his old shop, really nice guy), but what they recommend is way too much for tanks, even heavily stocked tanks. I normally go with appx 1/2 of what they recommend. If you overstock your cleanup, you'll have die off and just contribute to future issues of ammonia and nitrite/nitrate. With your tank being new I might even go with 1/4 of what they recommend to start. You can always add more down the road when your tank is a little more mature and has food for the cleanup crew to survive. 

• Like 1

100 snails total holy cow. I have an 80 gallon with only hermits. I find them more helpful as I only ever see snails on the glass, other than nassarius, and I clean that myself anyway. Plus the hermits always end up killing some of the snails anyway. But yeah I agree with the above, start with 1/4. 

My nano has 3 snails and two hermits.   Sometimes I think that is too much.

Like the others have said, I would go with 1/4 of what he has suggested and add more later if you feel like you need it.   Easier to add, and remove unwanted ammonia and nitrite/nitrate issues due to die off.