!!!FRAG SWAP!!! MARCH 16, 2019 Read more... ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
brendan2u

Donating Reef

Hey everyone,

Do to the constant moves of college, I am looking at getting rid of my 30 gallon reef. Rather than selling it, I am looking at donating it to a former elementary school (probably Mt. Comfort Elementary science teacher). I would like to create the passion and interest in nature and coral reefs for a younger generation and figured this is the best place to start. Does anyone have any suggestions or potential donations of coral or equipment if I am able to get this done? 

I have a 30 gallon cube reef with a large HOB skimmer, Chinese box LEDs, and a small 10 gallon sump that only house chaeto. 

I have several zoas, some sps that are half alive (haven't been able to do much maintenance in the last month and a half due to projects and exams), frogspawn, and a few montipora. 

Fish list: kole tang, 2 cardinals, unnamed goby, and a pair of clowns (black ice and wyoming white)

Cleanup crew is pretty weak, but I do have a B.A. Conch, emerald crab, cleaner shrimp, and a few snails 

Any suggestions or donations would be appreciated! I am planning on approaching the school sometime next week. 

Brendan,

Is this still in process?  Once I have the new tank set up I may have some items I could donate.  I am just not sure when I will be able to get the new set up going since I am waiting for someone else to get their new set up in place and running, I am buying his current tank and there have been issues with getting his new tank here without damage.  Anyways, depending on the timing, I may be able to contribute.