May 2018 INDMAS Meeting

Hey everyone.    Thanks again to all the existing and new members that turned out to make the April meeting a great meet and greet!  Below is the info for our May meeting, we hope to see you all there again.  

Kris, OttoReese, will be our host for this month.  He has a 93 gallon cube with 2 AI Hydra 26 LEDS and a 30g sump.  This is the tank that was won at the 2017 Indmas Frag Swap!

When:  May 12th 4:00-6:00 PM

Where: Irvington , IN (SE corner inside the 465 loop).  Address to be provided later.

Education: Sump and Refugiums

We will be discussing the design, benefits and installation of sumps and refugiums.    Our host will also have an opportunity to get hands-on and help install a new refugium for his tank. 

Raffles -

• Like 1

I'll probably be there, but late.  I have a busy day at work this Saturday, and I can't leave until everything is done.  I'll probably be there about 5, but it all depends how long it takes to finish my workload!

Well, folks.  Looks like tomorrow's the day!  I will have a 20 long laying in wait.  Not sure how much we will get done tomorrow at the meeting.  I am hoping to get it drilled for those of you who have always wanted to watch a tank get drilled but were too nervous to try.  I will be using 1 inch bulkheads, so looking for a diamond bit that would be appropriate to drill a whole the proper size for this bulkhead.  

As a side note, I have two dachshunds who will likely be present at the meeting.  They are pretty harmless.  Just couldn't find a place to stash them during the meeting (they are pretty adamant about being a part of the festivities and would cause a HUGE headache if caged in another room).  Not sure if there are any members who cannot do dogs.  Just a forewarning.  

See you all at 4!

OttoReese (Kris)

1019 Lesley Av

Indianapolis, IN 46219

Definitely something to discuss tomorrow too is finding the RIGHT sized bit!  It's not as easy as buying a 1 1/2 drill bit for a 1 1/2" PVC!

I know i have a good diamond bit that's used for doing a 1.5" hole - if interested in that.

We did a drilling demo last year at the meeting at my house and RyanSweet did the demo without cutting off Brandon's finger.

• Haha 1

Pretty sure I have a 3/4 bit at home. You can find them on amazon for the best price, but not usually this close to go time. 

Im always happy to help people drill. I am very careless on my own tanks to show that it isn’t as horrible as people think. But I take care of other’s tanks. Most of the time. 

They MIGHT...but IME I didn't have much luck.  From what I remember it's best to go by the MM (millimeter).  Fact check me but I think you need a 45mm for standard 1" plumbing but its 3mm larger for sch80 plumbing...