Algae Hair like

1. My tank (20 gallon) has been taken over by green hair like algae.  I has happened 3 weeks ago when i was out of town four 4 days at a funeral.
  2. I have change water, scraped and filtered as best i can.
  3. But its beating me

Help Thanks

Once green hair algae takes hold it’s tough to beat. You can try lowering nutrients and waiting for the algae to die off, but that will take time and patience. You can also use fluconazole for a “quick fix”, but getting nutrients under control is your long term answer. 

Thanks I only have coral will try fluconazole and nutrient redirection.  I think a water change of 15% should help that.  How often should I dose.

I purchased a 10 tabs for 100 gallon. So I will dose 2 tabs for my 20 gallon after water change.  Then again??? When???

Thanks Much John

Dose once . Then it may take 21 days Gha. Turn off skimmer for at least 3 days remove media as in carbon purigen  etc. After the 21 days do water change and run as normal. I have read reports of some doing a second round.