New member... here’s my tank

I wanted to show everyone my system:-) It’s a 40G breeder mixed reef. It’s a neat little system. I am successfully growing SPS and LPS without issues... Also softies of course.  I designed it from scratch. This is only my second reeftank. For filtration i have a corner overflow housing a small filter sock with marinepure media underneath. This is also where the mj90” pump is for my ATS and ATO censors. Sounds cluttered but it really not. I’m running a reef racer turf scrubber and Aquamaxx hob 1.5 protein skimmer.  No sump.  I run kalk in my  ato reservoir. I use a tunze osmolator 3155. I also supplement brs alk,cal,mg as needed. I have a reefbreeder photon 32 led. I must say I’m surprised what can be accomplished with hob equipment and great husbandry. The tank was started in August of 2016. 

C0FB4826-73E8-4772-B204-B924AF1EE2E3.jpeg

Wow very nice looking tank!, congrats!! I do have a question though on your overflow box. Is ur tank not drilled but just has an overflow box in there? just curious as to  why there is an overflow box and why you would not take advantage of using a sump to house all of the equipment? But I do love the ingenuity behind your system!

Very good question. It is an overflow that I had made by inland aquatics in Terre Haute. The tank is not drilled. I specifically made it to house that equipment. I only have a certain amount of space in my living room so I chose not to do a sump. I did do a lot of research prior to making my decision to go without a sump. The forum posts were endless on this subject. Lol. I also wasn’t sure how to drill and plum a sump. We had also just put down new hardwood floors at the time. I have learned a ton since starting this build and would probably do so on future build. Still happy with the outcome. Thanks for the compliment!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Thank you! I like the acros as well. The blue/pinkish Acro  on the left was a free frag from the swap this year! It was about 1.5 inches when I got it.  Would love to know the type.  Thanks to whoever donated it! It’s growing well.