April 2018 INDMAS Meeting

Since it is my house....I'll be there +2!!  Lol.  Still deciding on food.  I have a 1/6th barrel of Roggenschnizzle (bless you!) on tap already and may pick up something as a back up.  As for food, chips and dip for sure...not sure what I am going to throw on the grill yet.  There are some pesky chipmunks running around outside that Marcia wants to turn into pets, I could grille's up as chicken wings!  :P  She'll never know!    I can't decide on a couple of racks of ribs, a bunch of wings, or a couple of beer can chickens.  

So, we will have food...but it looks like it is going to be another great turnout!  So bring your favorite beverages, snacks, etc.  And of course a smile and a friendly handshake for any new members joining us for their first meeting!  

Officially, this is from 4pm to 6pm...but as some of you know from last year...I am not kicking anyone out at 6pm and will go as long as you want.  Uber does service this area!  :rednkfish::AddEmoticons0771:

I have decided on ribs and easy on the smoke this year!!!  Lol!  They will go quick...well, if they turn out...  So bring more food!  From what I have heard we are over 40 people now!!! Let's go for a record 50 people.  It would be a record at my house at least.

Saltwater fellowship, food, education, raffle prizes, beverages...what more could you ask for...

I know...a main tank display ...say 220 gallons or so....:AddEmoticons0777: Unfortunately, it will have to be a 20 gallon frag tank and a 180 gallon bucket of water with some fish in it!  :blush:  Lol!  Don't miss out on a great meeting!

On 4/3/2018 at 7:24 PM, waldend said:

I have a great announcement to make a great meeting even better.  To educate us all in seahorse keeping we will be joined, via Skype, by none other than the Queen of Seahorses herself - Tami Weiss!!  Tami is the founder and curator of fusedjaw.com.  She is an all around seahorse, pipefish, sea dragon and live foods guru that also was an early admin helping to build seahorse.org.    Join us in welcoming Tami and learning from a master!  

This great as i would love to set up a pipefish, dragonet tank with some nice algae plants.

• Like 1

Looks like we will have a great attendance club!  This will be a great educational topic once again this year.  A big thanks to @waldend to setting this up.  Anyone attending is sure to leave with useful knowledge if they already have or plan to keep pipe or ponies. 

This education is not a suggestion, however, to rush into keeping these sensative creatures afterwards.  They are very time consuming to keep and require a lot of care!  Please do additional research as well :v)

We look forward to meeting all of you new INDMAS members and have some cool items up for grabs this month! See all of you there...

• Like 1

Had a great time out today club!  Thank you so much to Tami Weiss from fuzedjaw.com for taking time our of her busy schedule to educate us on seahorses today!  We all took some great info home from this meeting.  Until next month club!

20180414_171947.jpg

• Like 1

I agree, it was a great meeting and I enjoyed hosting.  Having a speaker vie Skype was a great format.  We did have someone forget to take a raffle prize home.  Glue and plugs.  I also still have two containers floating in my temporary tank (the plastic tub).  Anyone know who was supposed to take those home?